• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depressed Sad Alone

L

Ladyfair

You are the only friends I have. I have no family, all dead and gone. I thought I would lose my mind today sitting here day after day. I have no one to talk to I'm always alone. I want a partner to share the rest of my life with. This is really pathetic I guess that my life turned out this way because when I was young I was too shy afraid and too attached to my mother. I didn't make a life for myself the life I wanted I didn't have the motivation or belief that I could achieve it. My father was supportive but not my mom. I'm not blaming her we all have our reasons for why we are the way we are. Now I'm older and my life is going to be over someday. I wasted it and still am I just can't seem to change it. I wish I could go to sleep and be gone. I am so angry with my 2 useless sisters . They don't know what I feel and don't care. So the people on here and this forum are my hope and friends. Today I wish it would all end, for ALL the people who have hurt me I hope you suffer like I am.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

It is never too late to make changes in your life, to do something which gives you fulfillment. Even if you find out you have a terminal illness, you can still spend the last days of your life making contributions that only you can make. Just because you feel your life to date has been 'wasted', it doesn't mean the rest of it has to be wasted as well. If you find something which gives you fulfillment and only spend a year doing it before you expire, isn't that a worthy year?

T

treasurebox

What you are thinking and feeling is not permanent. It will soon pass. There will be better days for you.

Listening to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to it daily or as often as you need.

What are you good at or love doing? Is it cooking, baking and doing arts and crafts? Whatever it is, do it for it will make you happy and even fulfilled.

Helping others also makes a person happy. Find a person whom you can help or you may volunteer in your community or online. You may coach or teach online.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

You are the only friends I have. I have no family, all dead and gone. I thought I would lose my mind today sitting here day after day. I have no one to talk to I'm always alone. I want a partner to share the rest of my life with. This is really pathetic I guess that my life turned out this way because when I was young I was too shy afraid and too attached to my mother. I didn't make a life for myself the life I wanted I didn't have the motivation or belief that I could achieve it. My father was supportive but not my mom. I'm not blaming her we all have our reasons for why we are the way we are. Now I'm older and my life is going to be over someday. I wasted it and still am I just can't seem to change it. I wish I could go to sleep and be gone. I am so angry with my 2 useless sisters . They don't know what I feel and don't care. So the people on here and this forum are my hope and friends. Today I wish it would all end, for ALL the people who have hurt me I hope you suffer like I am.
Hi @Ladyfair
I'm so sorry you're depressed, sad, and alone. A lot of people in this world are. One thing that resonates with me is something that my brother said to me. (He is the only family that I have.) He said that who we meet in this world was meant for a purpose, even if we just pass them by. Think of your life as a series of encounters with others, where your life is shaped by the people that you meet, and their lives are shaped by their meeting you, for however briefly. He said that it's just not coincidence the people that you meet, but there's a reason behind it that we don't know. You have made an impact on people's lives and continue to do so, however small, so your life does have meaning. And it will continue to have meaning for the rest of your life.

J

JeanPierre

Hi @Ladyfair
I'm so sorry you're depressed, sad, and alone. A lot of people in this world are. One thing that resonates with me is something that my brother said to me. (He is the only family that I have.) He said that who we meet in this world was meant for a purpose, even if we just pass them by. Think of your life as a series of encounters with others, where your life is shaped by the people that you meet, and their lives are shaped by their meeting you, for however briefly. He said that it's just not coincidence the people that you meet, but there's a reason behind it that we don't know. You have made an impact on people's lives and continue to do so, however small, so your life does have meaning. And it will continue to have meaning for the rest of your life.
Well said dear.

J

JeanPierre

Y'all are my friends, too.

L

Ladyfair

It is never too late to make changes in your life, to do something which gives you fulfillment. Even if you find out you have a terminal illness, you can still spend the last days of your life making contributions that only you can make. Just because you feel your life to date has been 'wasted', it doesn't mean the rest of it has to be wasted as well. If you find something which gives you fulfillment and only spend a year doing it before you expire, isn't that a worthy year?
Thank you.🤗

L

Ladyfair

Hi @Ladyfair
Thank you.😊

S

Sugaree

Hope you are feeling better. I am your friend who also suffers with the loneliness of depression.