• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depressed lonely trying to be hopefull

M

mo2011

I'm new here and don't know where to start I'm 51 and been depressed to varying degrees my whole life. You always hear people when they get better or what they used to be like but I v always been like this so I'm begining to think there is no hope for me spent the last 30 years on lots of different meds and seen psychologist done online cbt read self help books but I'm still the same get short periods of optimism a few hours or occassionally a few days then back to my normal self. I have become an expert at hiding this and work full time . Had friends in the past but they never knew the real me. Moved to this area 6 years have a boyfriend who knows bits of how I feel he pretty depressed too. See him 2-3 times aweek.find it really hard to function spent last 2 weekends in bed and my house is a mess can't even get undressed to go to bed. What can I do would do anything not to be like this. Have no friends and have tried to find some. Is there any hope for me and is ther anyone else like me put there

Rasmusgirl

Rasmusgirl

Hi there. Of course theres hope for you. You hold down a job, you have insight into your illness and you are reaching out for friendship just by posting on this forum. Is there anything that triggers either the "good days" or the bad days? Is there anything you can do to prevent your mood going down when you feel it happening? Do you set yourself little goals to achieve?
When you have more positive moments you could write some little goals down. Do you keep a journal?
How much support do you have?
Im sure plenty of people relate to what you are going through, especially on here. I, for one, extend a hand of friendship to you. You havent given up and thats the most positive and important thing.

M

mo2011

Thank you for replying to my post. Iv kind of accepted the way i am and don't see doctors or anything as they never have been of any help to me. I just try different things myself. I go through phazes about excessive worry about my health and tha slightest thing can set it off. My mood can change in a split second. It would be great to be a normal person. Thing is people Iv worked with over the years would never guess what I'm really like but it's so hard keeping it up. Tried writing down what I'm going to do that day but most times if not at work I'm in bed

B

Blondie

Just wanted to say welcome and I hope you get the support you need on here hun x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C I need to talk to others who understands feeling depressed, lonely and hasself harm urges. Introduce Yourself 12
O Lonely and depressed Introduce Yourself 2
A Maybe depressed?! Introduce Yourself 7
L I'm depressed and feeling like I'm in hell Introduce Yourself 11
B Depressed and want to go Introduce Yourself 4
S Hi my name is Serayah and I am depressed Introduce Yourself 12
P Fat, Ugly and Depressed Introduce Yourself 11
G Im new, self diagnosed depressed Introduce Yourself 6
DepressedAngel New panic, depressed and anxiety stricken human here to introduce myself Introduce Yourself 15
OblivionVoid Void | depressed | lost Introduce Yourself 4
D Drunk, high and depressed, all of the time Introduce Yourself 7
L hi, i'm 2 decades depressed, desperate and out of ideas Introduce Yourself 2
B Hello, I'm depressed.. Introduce Yourself 13
L Depressed and Hopeless Introduce Yourself 4
L Hopeless and depressed Introduce Yourself 5
E depressed queer Introduce Yourself 6
S am i really depressed or just faking it? Introduce Yourself 1
H Depressed Asian in Lock Down Introduce Yourself 7
N Not sure if i'm depressed or just down, are they the same? Introduce Yourself 6
C Intro to myself. Looking for a less lonely place to share maps to my mind. Introduce Yourself 8
V Anxious and lonely Introduce Yourself 3
S Feeling more lonely than ever Introduce Yourself 14
S Feeling lonely - wouldn't be missed if i wasn't here anymore Introduce Yourself 11
CopyCat I'm so lonely Introduce Yourself 26
M I’m Mona and I’m glad to be a part of the forum,,, sometimes because I’m feeling more lonely than I would like to nowadays Introduce Yourself 8
I Hello, just a lonely soul passing by. Introduce Yourself 8
S Feeling lonely Introduce Yourself 13
S Lonely Introduce Yourself 6
C Lonely Introduce Yourself 4
W Feeling lonely Introduce Yourself 2
Pumpkin Necromancer Just a lonely autistic nerd Introduce Yourself 4
S Hi, trying fluoxetine......... Introduce Yourself 8
Karmaman Trying to get through anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 21
E First time of trying this Introduce Yourself 4
L Trying to get better Introduce Yourself 8
M Trying to navigate this living nightmare Introduce Yourself 3
Y Trying Introduce Yourself 3
S I'm trying. Introduce Yourself 5
I Trying this out Introduce Yourself 5
M Trying to cope with bad neighbours Introduce Yourself 8
kimidare Trying to avoid a relapse Introduce Yourself 5
L Hello, i am trying to sort myself out. Iam very confused and conflicted. I am very sad and stressed. Although I have a family they are so caught up i Introduce Yourself 3
W I'm New And Thriving With My MH, So I'm Now "Trying" To Socialize Again And Not Be Afraid To Let People In My Life Introduce Yourself 11
A trying to quit drinking and get past depression Introduce Yourself 3
Willvill I am trying to battle this shame Introduce Yourself 6
ipanema Trying to cope with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 3
S Hello, I'm a new member, and I'm trying to get some insight on antipsychotics. Introduce Yourself 11
D Im finally trying to get my life back Introduce Yourself 6
F Trying to kill me Introduce Yourself 8
Y Life as a BPD male nearing 30. Trying to look toward the future. Introduce Yourself 1