• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depressed Girlfriend is going through a hard time

F

Fran91

I’ve been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now, the first 2 months were great but the last month has been difficult. My girlfriend lost her best friend at the beginning of January like her best friend ended the relationship and since then she’s been getting more distant , she dosent talk to me that much we see each other maybe once every two weeks. She also started working over nights and feels very tired when she dose have a day off and dosent want to hangout a lot of the time. I try my best to let her know that I care about her and that I’m here for her. But it dose hurt that I feel I’m being pushed away from her.

K

karl7

its hard to know what to say to you....do you think shes suffering from depression.....i know when you have depression you become very withdrawn

F

Fran91

Yeah she dose have major depression she’s had it for 5 years now she’s talked to me about it à month into the relationship

J

JeanPierre

I’ve been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now, the first 2 months were great but the last month has been difficult. My girlfriend lost her best friend at the beginning of January like her best friend ended the relationship and since then she’s been getting more distant , she dosent talk to me that much we see each other maybe once every two weeks. She also started working over nights and feels very tired when she dose have a day off and dosent want to hangout a lot of the time. I try my best to let her know that I care about her and that I’m here for her. But it dose hurt that I feel I’m being pushed away from her.
Not everyone that comes into our lives are meant to stay.
Welcome here!

deliverevil

deliverevil

Its a terrible feeling being depressed I haven't been that bad hope she manages to get over it and comes round to feeling life could be worse.

PetitPois

PetitPois

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi @Fran91 welcome to the forum :welcome:

It's a great community here and has lots of helpful info. Maybe go through some of the older threads to help you better understand depression and what your girlfriend may be feeling during these times :)

I know when people are severely depressed, it is quite normal for them to withdraw and shut off from those around them. I understand this can be upsetting for you, but she may need a bit of space right now.

When she is feeling better and talking is easier between the two of you. I think it would be a good idea to discuss her depression, including the really low times. Then when/if it happens again, you will both be better prepared on how to handle it as a couple 🙂

F

Fran91

Hi @Fran91 welcome to the forum :welcome:

It's a great community here and has lots of helpful info. Maybe go through some of the older threads to help you better understand depression and what your girlfriend may be feeling during these times :)

I know when people are severely depressed, it is quite normal for them to withdraw and shut off from those around them. I understand this can be upsetting for you, but she may need a bit of space right now.

When she is feeling better and talking is easier between the two of you. I think it would be a good idea to discuss her depression, including the really low times. Then when/if it happens again, you will both be better prepared on how to handle it as a couple 🙂
I’m giving her more space and I told her that I’m here regardless of how down she is and there’s always room for her to express her feelings wether it’s sadness, anger or frustration. I feel bad for what she is going through

PetitPois

PetitPois

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I’m giving her more space and I told her that I’m here regardless of how down she is and there’s always room for her to express her feelings wether it’s sadness, anger or frustration. I feel bad for what she is going through

That's really supportive of you Fran. Don't forget to look after yourself too :hug:

F

Fran91

I’m still doing the things I enjoy like cooking, watching tv series, starting my vegetable seedlings, I can’t really see my friends because of covid but I still stay in contact with them in a group chat