• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depressed but can see there is light

L

Lostsoul49

I am 49, been single for over 14 years and live alone.

I get desperately lonely, have very negative thoughts and things often get bad for me (no permanent job, no friends, debts, etc.) I often go from one crisis to another!

Yet I’ve come to realise two things which are positives.

I am a unique person with a beautiful spirit and soul. I’m a survivor because I haven’t yet given up!

In truth, there’s only me who can change my life for the better. Things won’t always be bad although it often seems that way.

Just wondering if other people in the forum felt the same way? 🤔

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Yes, i feel similarly, am also single but focusing on surviving the days, keeping fed and clean, keeping in touch with friends and family usually via social media sadly.

It is hard but i am positive like you are, that things will get better and i will have more face to face connections soon.

C

cathanifrind174

It is wonderful that you are able to see something positive in you. Life is hard and not always fair and sometimes bad events and situations pile up making it difficult to see what's good in the world. But you're doing a great thing by looking at yourself and seeing the positives. It is great good first step towards healing. Good luck for the future. I hope you find someone soon> Loneliness sucks. I am happily married. It hasn't made my depression any easier but it's definitely good to be able to share your thoughts with a loved one.

If I didn't have anybody, I'd have probably gotten a pet. A lot of people here have pets and it looks like it helps them a lot. Nothing can make up for genuine human connections but any small step to overcome loneliness is positive. Even writing on the forums isn't too bad for a start.

C

CabbageMama

Thank you for this. Has made me acknowledge that I am a Survivor because I haven’t given up yet either. I’m 41, a single Parent, can’t see any possibility of a relationship in the Future. Lots of negative thoughts and very low mood here at the moment, just trying to ride it out.

D

dansell123

You have the right attitude! Never give up on yourself, keep trying to go into the light and to make it stronger and brighter for yourself and others. You are a survivor! Keep fighting!

M

Mistral

Things can get better. I was once very very depressed. I was on medication for three or four years, but I have been off all medication for over ten years now. I still suffer from depression from time-to-time but periods of depression passes in a few hours or days. I totally recognise about what you said about going from crisis to crisis. It almost becomes a habit. Solving problems that would not have been problems, if I had thought things thoroughly in the first place.

calmleaves

calmleaves

I am 49, been single for over 14 years and live alone.

I get desperately lonely, have very negative thoughts and things often get bad for me (no permanent job, no friends, debts, etc.) I often go from one crisis to another!

Yet I’ve come to realise two things which are positives.

I am a unique person with a beautiful spirit and soul. I’m a survivor because I haven’t yet given up!

In truth, there’s only me who can change my life for the better. Things won’t always be bad although it often seems that way.

Just wondering if other people in the forum felt the same way? 🤔
Hello thank you for sharing with us! ☺
I can totally relate with your feeling! I often feel lonely, depressed, anxious, sad, flashbacks etc etc, jump from one crisis to another crisis 😊

But i'm grateful with my personality and my soul, and i'm also proud of myself for staying strong until this time. Nothing can make me give up, i have a lot to give and my life is still long to experience beautiful things in life ☺

I believe our suffering will result with something really good and one day we will be happy and fullfilled 😊

mirrormaker

mirrormaker

Hi, 14 years is nothing, i have been single for 35 years .thats all my life. And you know what? I was more or less happy with that. Now i'm depressed and lonely but i know anyone can be happy without company with the right mindset the same way i was.

Depression is part of life.It hurts like hell but it's a natural thing, the same as pain. If we manage to understand this we will not feel so miserables.

You are all great survivors. Living with depression or loneliness has way more merit than living a happy life.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Thanks for your post. I agree with you.