• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

depressed all the time

L

lucy locket

ive been depressed for past 3 years now i cant seem to get better. i was on citalipram for a year then sudenly they just stoped working went back to docs gave me something else to try been on them past 5 months just felt ill on them and wasnt working so i worked myself off them now im trying st johns wort some days i feel good others pretty crap. so much is going on in my life nothing seems to be getting easy for me and now its causing major probs in my relationship. always feel low, and wollowing in self pity. i dont have a sex life which is adding to my probs ive tried pills and posions to boost sex life but nothing works im just waiting to see a counciller now its such a rubbish feeling being depressed is there really a way out of being depressed im supprised ive not run the sea dry with my tears. depression is such a cruel thing im glad ive found this site cos other people no how you feel if you talk to someone whos neva had depression its pointless taklin to em cos they dont understand. we need to try and be strong to beat this :(

A

anastasia

lots of people do understand but i think those of us who are depressed feel like they don't most of the time.

hugs

D

DIZZY

Hi Lucy, Hang in there, i know its a cliche` but it does get better, Ive been on fluoxatine, seroxat, Haliperidol through the years, like you my depression started in my teens and because i thought it was just me being different to everyone else I didnt ask for help until it cost me my marriage.
I can only sympathise with you as i dont know about your journey and its not my place to pry, but Citolopram and CBT is working for me so far, i`m here coz im a fighter, depression aint gonna win. :p

E

Emmy

Hi Lucy. I really think that you should go back to your GP and try another anti depressant as different types work for different people. I tried 3 different drugs before I found one that both worked and suited me. Luckily my GP didn't give up when the first drug failed to have the desired effect and thanks to his support neither did I.

I also wonder what pills and potions you are talking about taking for your sex drive and where you are getting them from?
I don't think anything can really help you with this but if your lack of sex drive is a symptom of your depression once you start to feel better like all symptoms this one should get better.

Keep posting Lucy and let us all know how you are doing.

:grouphug:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Ladyfair Very Depressed Depression Forum 3
R My work and home life is making me depressed. Advice please. Depression Forum 2
C What are your passions and hobbies that you turn to when you're depressed? Depression Forum 23
E I'm feeling severely depressed and it's not waning Depression Forum 9
N I am depressed Depression Forum 1
M Waking up depressed Depression Forum 5
Blooming STILL DEPRESSED. Depression Forum 7
C Blood test to measure if we are depressed Depression Forum 10
S Middle-aged and depressed Depression Forum 21
Ladyfair Depressed Sad Alone Depression Forum 9
S Depressed no confidence or hope in life. Depression Forum 6
MrBond007 Depressed, love-sick and hungover. Depression Forum 2
C Is my depressed boyfriend going to leave me? Depression Forum 13
S Getting more depressed every day. Depression Forum 8
M How old are you and why are you depressed ? Depression Forum 31
L Depressed partner- seeking advice Depression Forum 5
I Why I Am Depressed. Depression Forum 3
I So Depressed I can't Even Write This But I Will Try Depression Forum 9
I Very Depressed Depression Forum 3
W Depressed mom with 2nd one on the way Depression Forum 1
Blooming I feel rather depressed today. Depression Forum 5
L Hi. New here but very depressed. Depression Forum 4
S If I wasn't depressed, would I recognise myself? Depression Forum 4
T Do you know why you are depressed Depression Forum 36
T Advice for the depressed Depression Forum 24
D Feel so depressed Depression Forum 2
D Unbelievably depressed and living in constant fear Depression Forum 17
D Depressed, hopeless, suicidal. Depression Forum 7
P Can I be depressed without knowing?!! Depression Forum 5
A I'm so depressed. Depression Forum 6
K Am i depressed? Depression Forum 4
F Depressed Girlfriend is going through a hard time Depression Forum 8
L Depressed and Feeling Inadequate to My Loved Ones Depression Forum 4
T Feel depressed since Trump lost Depression Forum 5
L Chronically depressed and alone Depression Forum 13
M Living a double life, being depressed and having to fake not Depression Forum 8
J Need some help I'm feeling very depressed the moment and just do not feel good Depression Forum 4
I Feeling so depressed and fed up Depression Forum 8
L I was already depressed, then my boyfriend died next to me while we were sleeping. Depression Forum 16
kimidare How to talk about depressed feelings ? Depression Forum 5
Ladyfair TRIGGER WARNING Very Depressed Depression Forum 15
MarieRose Severely depressed! Depression Forum 3
memeLRXDD Depressed & Confused. Depression Forum 3
D am i depressed or lazy Depression Forum 8
A Depressed and getting no help from doctors Depression Forum 2
S Feeling depressed and disconnected Depression Forum 9
schizodreamz123 Depressed Depression Forum 3
Beachgirl Depressed boyfriend...not sure what to do. Depression Forum 2
W finally not depressed anymore but anxiety is murdering me Depression Forum 7
C Is it okay to cut parents off if they make you feel more depressed? Depression Forum 8