• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depressed about lack of productivity

G

Gadsad

I don’t get as much done as my coworkers because I am upset so much. This is discouraging because I once was a high achiever. I am taking meds, exercising, in therapy but I just can’t do what I should be capable of.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Don't compare yourself to other people. Like you said, it's discouraging. Also watch out for "should" statements, because if you break them, you'll feel guilty.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

We all have our ups and downs, don't beat yourself up because you are struggling right now. We tend to compare ourselves to others when they are doing well and we aren't, when we're feeling well and performing at a high level-and they might not be-we overlook that. Be fair to yourself in your comparisons with others.

Jam1990

Jam1990

I don’t get as much done as my coworkers because I am upset so much. This is discouraging because I once was a high achiever. I am taking meds, exercising, in therapy but I just can’t do what I should be capable of.
Sorry to hear about you being depressed. I often feel bad about not being productive enough also. I try to tell myself that it’s okay. Everyone gets things done at their own pace. Having a mental health illness like anxiety and depression takes up a lot of mental energy that someone else might not deal with. You are working harder than you know. Keep exercising and going to therapy. You’re building really good habits. Proud of you.

S

Syelix30

Hey, you’re lucky you can even work, I’m not even capable of that atm and am just basically stuck at home starring at 4 walls.
So be proud of yourself because honestly, you’re doing well x