• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depixol depot injection and depression

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
I have been on depixol depot medication for the last 5 weeks and i have it once every 2 weeks. I find for the first week i feel ok no depression but going into week two the depression builds again. I am due my next jab next tuesday and i am feeling really depressed again. To be honest i can't see the point of going on as my daughter is living with my parents and when i have her back for a couple of days i can't cope and get even more depressed.

I am aware that depixol is not an anti-depressent but my pdoc did say that it would help my depression and my phychotic/auditory hallunisations. So far it has not really done much probably cos i am only on 20mg currently going up to 30mg on tuesday. Due to a heart condition i have they are going up very slowly. The site i usually go on for support is closed for 2 weeks so feel really alone and the feeling of wanting to die is getting stronger by the hour and i just don't know what to do with myself.

Anyone else tried depixol and how did you get on?

A

Apotheosis

As far as I am aware - anti-psychotics have the potential to cause treatment resistant depression - i.e. if the anti-psychotic meds cause depression - anti-depressants won't work.

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
I have now rung my crisis line and spoken to someone who is going to get back to me asap with some help i hope. Thanks.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi there I don't know anything about the ned you are on but it could be its not at the full therapeutic level yet and things may improve when the dose s increased.
Hope it works out ok for you.
KP

jax

jax

Hi, hope you're feeling a little better. I was on Depixol about 6 years ago. It didn't cause me to have depression. If I remember correctly, I was on 250 mg a week. I could be wrong. Like KP1 said - maybe you will notice a difference when you are on the therapeutic dose. Best of luck.
Jacqui x