Depersonalization and anxiety

L

Laurimus

Hello everybody! A long story "short": I have suffered from anxiety and depersonalization occasionally about 35 years. My background is a childhood in an alcoholistic family (from age 10-21). It was almost a idyllic family from outside and also in inside except the evenings and midnight (when children had already gone to their rooms). At age I had my first experience of depersonalization. Before my age 8, I do not really remember a lot.

When I have a period of deoersonalization, it usually takes about 2-3 months. Two times it had been about 2 years.

At the moment I have bad depersonalization and anxiety. I feel as always that they are not gonna go away and I am going insane. Never have gone before, but the fear won't go away.

I have been able to work almost always and I am a superior at a semi-small company. It is hard to do sales and have social meetings. I would like to find someone to write about dp and how to cope with it.

exyz

exyz

Hello Laurimus you are very welcome here.
Have you had any mental health support at all over the years?
I don't have the same experiences as yourself but did not want to leave your post unanswered. If you could tell us a little more we will try our best to support:)

L

Laurimus

Thank you. It is a very kind of you to write something. Yes, I have fot a lota of help. Three different therapies during the year (2y+2y+2y). And a lot of peer groups. But there are not many who familier with depersonalization : (. Now I am looking for a trauma therapist. It is not easy.

L

Laurimus

Thanks. I will look into it. Greetings from Finland 🇫🇮🌨