• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Depersonalisation

J

James Buchanan

Does anyone else suffer from this? I've only just had a label given to some of the weird experiences I've been having. I feel like Patrick Bateman, I simply am not there.

J

James Buchanan

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't like this

T

telemetry9

I feel so far removed from who I am tonight and for most of today. I can't explain why. It sometimes makes me afraid that I will lose sight of who I am completely.

D

Dollit

I get dissociation under stress - it's pretty much the same. I don't know where I am because I don't recognize anywhere and I have to believe that when I get home I'll know I'm there. Scares the hell out of me. And that echoey detached thing I get in crowds. Hate that. Feels like the bad special effects in a crap movie.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Yes.... I get this usually when I paticually stressed.. only had this explained to me as a symptom of depression a couple of months back and it scares the hell out of me to be honest I hate it. It dissapears on my good days and haunts me like hell on my bad days.

Q

quality factor

Hi, it's a sure sign that I'm stressed out when I get this unreal feeling. I find it to be very unnerving and wierd man! It's like I'm not there and everything else is going on around me.
The worst feeling I get is that I know I'm in my present house but it's a different road outside, usually a place where I've lived before...I really have to concentrate hard to realise where I really am!!!...at least the psyche understood me...nobody else does.:cry:

M

mad as a hatter

i,m sufferin tha right now it,s horrid i,m terrified right now the real me dissapeared somewhere i feel some thing after me terrified i am

Q

quality factor

Hi,
hope the feeling has eased off for you now.
I had it bad when i wrote that thread, as a result I've been sitting up
all night..feel shattered.
At least we can recognise what it is and go with it. That's all I do anyway,
I know it will go away.
I try and do something to relax, divert my thoughts.
let me know how you are.(y)

J

James Buchanan

I've kind of just tried to ignore it. I started hallucinating yesterday morning which made things a lot worse! I usually have it briefly during/after sleep paralysis but this seemed to go on a little longer. And I was quite fully awake.

Nevermind:unsure: