• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depersonalisation

J

James Buchanan

Does anyone else suffer from this? I've only just had a label given to some of the weird experiences I've been having. I feel like Patrick Bateman, I simply am not there.

J

James Buchanan

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't like this

T

telemetry9

I feel so far removed from who I am tonight and for most of today. I can't explain why. It sometimes makes me afraid that I will lose sight of who I am completely.

D

Dollit

I get dissociation under stress - it's pretty much the same. I don't know where I am because I don't recognize anywhere and I have to believe that when I get home I'll know I'm there. Scares the hell out of me. And that echoey detached thing I get in crowds. Hate that. Feels like the bad special effects in a crap movie.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Yes.... I get this usually when I paticually stressed.. only had this explained to me as a symptom of depression a couple of months back and it scares the hell out of me to be honest I hate it. It dissapears on my good days and haunts me like hell on my bad days.

Q

quality factor

Hi, it's a sure sign that I'm stressed out when I get this unreal feeling. I find it to be very unnerving and wierd man! It's like I'm not there and everything else is going on around me.
The worst feeling I get is that I know I'm in my present house but it's a different road outside, usually a place where I've lived before...I really have to concentrate hard to realise where I really am!!!...at least the psyche understood me...nobody else does.:cry:

M

mad as a hatter

i,m sufferin tha right now it,s horrid i,m terrified right now the real me dissapeared somewhere i feel some thing after me terrified i am

Q

quality factor

Hi,
hope the feeling has eased off for you now.
I had it bad when i wrote that thread, as a result I've been sitting up
all night..feel shattered.
At least we can recognise what it is and go with it. That's all I do anyway,
I know it will go away.
I try and do something to relax, divert my thoughts.
let me know how you are.(y)

J

James Buchanan

I've kind of just tried to ignore it. I started hallucinating yesterday morning which made things a lot worse! I usually have it briefly during/after sleep paralysis but this seemed to go on a little longer. And I was quite fully awake.

Nevermind:unsure: