• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Dental Phobia leading to depression

X

Xphaxo

Founding Member
Hello everyone,
I have quite a few cavities and some of them are on my
front teeth. I feel like I can't talk to anyone anymore without them being
repulsed by the very sight of my teeth. I want to seek help, but I can't find enough courage or enough money to get this problem fixed.
I have been living my days as if they were my last and I haven't figured out why until now. I'm completely digusted with my teeth and it brings so much heart-ache and overwhelming stress.
And on top of that I'm still in love with someone, but I know that wouldn't have anything to do with me if they found out my secret. I'm very good at hiding my teeth, but I don't want to do it anymore. I want to be able to smile and laugh with friends or random people, but I can't.
Suicide has crossed my mind. And I know that this seems a little much for just bad teeth, but it seems like the only way out. I'm so scared of dentists and what they will think about my teeth. If someone has any advice I am more than willing to listen.