• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Dental Clinic Lied

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I just had a panic attack at the dentist because they lied to me. They said I was the first patient but there were two people ahead of me. They put in new dentist chairs and the chair hurt me to lie down on. The waiting turned into anxiety and I just walked out.

They promised me on the phone that I was the first person after their lunch break. But there were two people ahead of me. I explained to them on the phone about my leg pain. I thought I was clear.

So now I feel like a failure. My boyfriend drove me home and he said we'll wait til I am 62 in three months and see if I can get a better doctor on Medicare. I don't know if they have dentists on Medicare. He said he will look into it.

Maybe I went through this fiasco so I would find a better dental clinic ??

that's what happened
Poopie Doll

E

exyz

Oh Poopy that's awful, I'm really so sorry.
That is so mean of them.
Can you manage to wait three months?:hug1:

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

Sorry you've been put through this traumatic experience Poopy doll. :hug:

Lying to you was so very wrong obviously they do not care that the dentist is a terrifying experience for some people. I hope you can cope for the next few months until another clinic is available to you.

R

Rusalochka

I don't know why they do that.

You're NOT a failure :hug:
The dentists are failures and liars too.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Thank you EVERYONE; I love you all.

The dentist chairs were changed since I was there 2-3 years ago. They are new and Spartan and modern and totally painful to lie on with my legs. I was expecting the old comfy dentist chairs. I was completely unprepared to deal with pain lying on the chair. I NEVER THOUGHT about my pillows in the car. I totally forgot to get them. I kept lying down and getting up to pace the room.

So I only stayed maybe 15 minutes and then the anxiety just swept me out of the building. My leg really hurts from trying that modern dental chair.

I'm glad I didn't stay for the examination of all my teeth because the chair was a killer.

I have gum disease really bad in one quadrant and a sliver of tooth that remained after a molar was pulled 2-3 years ago. There's no mouth pain and no emergency. I was just trying to take care of myself properly. A maintenance visit.

There are certain places that are an obstacle for me. Doctors offices and restaurants are just too hard to go to. But museums and malls and parks are okay.

When someone says you are the first in line, there shouldn't be two other patients in little rooms who get seen by the dentist ahead of you.

Thank you again EVERYONE.

Last edited:
E

exyz

The chairs sound awful Poopy!

A dentist place who can't even tell the truth about who is in the queue sounds the sort of place to avoid, for sure. Would not trust a bunch of liars with my gnashers.:scared:

A lucky escape I'd say.

If you are not in pain I would look elsewhere if I were you. I hope tomorrow brings a better day for you xx

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Poopy,
Sorry to hear, I know what it's like sitting in chairs with pain.
You did the right thing leaving, so sorry they lied to you.
Hope the pain subsides quickly for you.
Take care

R

Rusalochka

Sounds more like a torture chamber than a dentists office! :curseyou: I wouldn't go there anymore! Complain about them and try to find new dentists! Also, Medicare... more like MediWEDONTCARE. I have heard terrible things about that insurance!

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Guys !! The only thing I could say to the dental office manager was, "I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this." I couldn't even explain myself.

I really appreciate all you guys writing in. :)

Kerome

Kerome

Sounds like an awful experience Poopy. What a pity that they had replaced the old comfy chairs with new ones, these things do make a difference!

E

exyz

Hi Poopy how are you doing today? ( It just gone 10 am here in UK)

I was thinking about the chairs, there must be quite a number of people in any practice who have similar difficulties with pain or mobility troubles. Ridiculous place. A comfy chair would be sort of page one on the Relaxing your Patients Manual

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Poopy how are you doing today? ( It just gone 10 am here in UK)

I was thinking about the chairs, there must be quite a number of people in any practice who have similar difficulties with pain or mobility troubles. Ridiculous place. A comfy chair would be sort of page one on the Relaxing your Patients Manual
exyz, I have several more doctor appointments this month and I honestly don't want to go to them at all. They want more mamograms as the first one wasn't enough. I have to change my primary doctor to a new doctor. And of course the dental thing isn't over.

I can't possibly manage these appointments. I'm just going to cancel everything.

E

exyz

Poopy, that's a lot of appointments. But please don't cancel everything, this dentist has a lot to answer for getting you so upset.
The mammograms sounds important, and so does changing the doctor so best to stick to them if you can manage. Maybe rearrange other stuff.

I'm so sorry that this dentist shook you up so, you deserve better than that and none of it was your fault.
Sending you lots of love and a big hug from the Uk here. Wish I were nearer and I would come and fuss you and make you tea.

Take care our dear friend Poopy , we are thinking of you xxxx

D

DebraTorres

For sure Medicare insurance covers the dental checkup. But first, you have to enrol yourself under Medicare Plan A insurance and for this, you must be aged 65 or above. I know some basics because a close friend of mine has enrolled this insurance for his mother a few months back with the help of a trustworthy firm, which can be contacted through this website. Medicare Plan A does include all the hospice care along with the hospital and nursing facility. Other Medicare plans too have many benefits, but it is up to you, which plan you choose to go with.