• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Densel Washington movie "Book of Eli"

S

saltandpepper

Rabs, all...

Just watched Densel Washington, movie called "Book of Eli". Great film, religion, where the Government took over and destroyed all bibles, where Densel was the only source for it after the war; he had memorized it word for word, to re-print it.

This thread is likely getting hundreds of hits (traffic); followers; 2360 hits. If anyone interested, my voice story is here, two videos and a free book: http://tinyurl.com/seca1

Sal

R

rabina

Rabs, all...

Just watched Densel Washington, movie called "Book of Eli". Great film, religion, where the Government took over and destroyed all bibles, where Densel was the only source for it after the war; he had memorized it word for word, to re-print it.

This thread is likely getting hundreds of hits (traffic); followers; 2360 hits. If anyone interested, my voice story is here, two videos and a free book: http://tinyurl.com/seca1

Sal
Okay, thanks for the information Sal.
I think I'll get started myself on memorizing the Bible too; the more the better; right....: )
But you know Sal, I really don't have to memorize the Bible because I basically get the gist of it and I also think I know pretty much how God would want all people to be treated...if only, oh, if only...we all could be good all the time...., but we can strive for it anyway....
Densel Washington hey; okay then...

Returncc

Returncc

I saw this movie, i thought it was great. the portrayal of hearing voices as normal was a relief, and i though they could do more, movies that portray voice hearers as down to earth, or inspirational rather than damaging or negative, but woven into the emotion of the plot. Makes you wonder how many movies or themes from movies are tied into voice hearing already, Good Movie Denzel!!!

R

rasselas

A godly man that kicks kung fu ass, defying gravity in the process. Tsk - another reason to spit on the legacy of The Matrix.

A

Apotheosis

where the Government took over and destroyed all bibles, where Densel was the only source for it after the war; he had memorized it word for word, to re-print it.
Does anyone read the Bible any more? Let alone memorise it?

Good idea of the Governments :), I'd hope Densel gets killed before printing it - but this being Hollywood I can see the ending already.

I was going to watch this film - but I don't think I'll bother.