• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Delusions

H

Habs

Does anyone have experience of a delusional disorder? What is the outcome? My other half has been prescribed risperidone, early days but no side effects yet, but only a week in! After trying other meds hoping this one works.
Has risperidone worked for anyone else?

Z

Zoe1

I didnt like risperidone , I'm on paliperidone now
which I'm finding is much lighter
so that I dont feel like I'm on something
it took alot of trial and error to get this

good luck with it

:grouphug: 🌔✨🍀🐢

L

linus

Risperidone worked for my son, but it took about 4-6 months to really be ok. It calmed him down in 2 months, but was still delusional.

H

Habs

Risperidone worked for my son, but it took about 4-6 months to really be ok. It calmed him down in 2 months, but was still delusional.
Hi, did it work for the delusions in the end?

H

Habs

Also, what strength was he put on? My oh has just started 3mg but I assume he will go to a higher strength, dosent seem to be suffering any side effects as yet

L

linus

It worked in the end, although no one can say if it would have resolved by itself anyway.
The maximum dosage was 2,75mg/day and it was quite sedating for him this way. At 1mg which lasted for the last 4 months he was much better. Now without any he is very focused.

N

Nate

Does anyone have experience of a delusional disorder? What is the outcome? My other half has been prescribed risperidone, early days but no side effects yet, but only a week in! After trying other meds hoping this one works.
Has risperidone worked for anyone else?
I was on risperidone for awhile, had terrible side effects couldn't pee and had restless legs at night.