• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Delusions

On Fire

On Fire

Between 2016 and 2019 I was convinced most of the world was transgender and that most people transgendered more than once in their lives, so they might be back in their original gender.
I also thought people's brains could be controlled and people did employment without remembering it, so they would loose consciousness at work, but still be able to appear awake and do stuff.
Has anybody else has delusions this bad?
This must be schizophrenia right?
My mood was also generally elevated, although I could still sleep.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Between 2016 and 2019 I was convinced most of the world was transgender and that most people transgendered more than once in their lives, so they might be back in their original gender.
I also thought people's brains could be controlled and people did employment without remembering it, so they would loose consciousness at work, but still be able to appear awake and do stuff.
Has anybody else has delusions this bad?
This must be schizophrenia right?
My mood was also generally elevated, although I could still sleep.
I have had delusions of grandeur for similar periods of time. I thought all of my friends were rock stars and that I held a unique power player position in the music industry for years. The delusion had its basis in reality that I had met some influential people in the industry but morphed into me being like one of them and assuming this role that wasn’t real and thinking I had relationships that I didn’t have and thinking I was a person I just wasn’t. This delusion and a few other delusions lasted for years.

On Fire

On Fire

I have had delusions of grandeur for similar periods of time. I thought all of my friends were rock stars and that I held a unique power player position in the music industry for years. The delusion had its basis in reality that I had met some influential people in the industry but morphed into me being like one of them and assuming this role that wasn’t real and thinking I had relationships that I didn’t have and thinking I was a person I just wasn’t. This delusion and a few other delusions lasted for years.
Thanks for your reply.
Can I ask what is your diagnosis?
And what medication do you take now to be over the delusions?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thanks for your reply.
Can I ask what is your diagnosis?
And what medication do you take now to be over the delusions?
I am Bipolar 1. I take Invega Sustenna, Lamotrigine and Lithium. I don’t know that they helped me to end the delusions. It seemed that happened independent of medications. Staying grounded/reality based is an ongoing struggle for me. The meds are supposed to prevent me from
becoming manic and to help with the delusions also. Not sure yet whether they work for either or not.

On Fire

On Fire

I am Bipolar 1. I take Invega Sustenna, Lamotrigine and Lithium. I don’t know that they helped me to end the delusions. It seemed that happened independent of medications. Staying grounded/reality based is an ongoing struggle for me. The meds are supposed to prevent me from
becoming manic and to help with the delusions also. Not sure yet whether they work for either or not.
Thanks for explaining.
I just take Aripiprazole 15mg/day.
My delusions were sort of grandiose. I thought I was the most intelligent conscious person in the world. I am amazed that just Aripiprazole and no mood stabilizer controls me.

JessisMe

JessisMe

It’s wonderful that they found something to control it for you. I wish I could have such faith in my med regimen but I still feel that I have to rely on my own senses to keep me grounded so I’m always checking nervously which is a bit of a pain...

On Fire

On Fire

It’s wonderful that they found something to control it for you. I wish I could have such faith in my med regimen but I still feel that I have to rely on my own senses to keep me grounded so I’m always checking nervously which is a bit of a pain...
Thank you. Hopefully your nervous checking eventually wears off.