• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Delusional disorder

H

Habs

Is anyone suffering with this? From reading it’s very rare. A loved one is being treated for psychosis but is convinced as his jealous delusions have not gone away that he is suffering from this condition. He has been taking anti psychotics for weeks now and finished a course of psychotherapy but the paranoia has not gone away.
Does he just need different meds, I’m trying to keep positive for the both of us, my partner is thinking this is never going to go away!

jajingna

jajingna

How long do they say to wait and see if the meds work? Usually I guess it takes a month or more. If no benefit, then another could be tried. The right one could certainly make a difference, whereas the wrong one could be worse than none in my opinion.

JessisMe

JessisMe

My therapist thinks I have this but word hasn’t gotten to my psychiatrist yet. I think I have it also as in the past I have had very fixed delusions that have lasted years and my tendency to delusion in general is very high. Obviously I don’t know that it is a delusion until months or years later when something triggers me to realize that it was not reality. I realized this a little over a year ago and went on an antipsychotic. I haven’t had problems with it since. But now that I know I am vigilant and on the lookout for making sure my thinking and beliefs reflect objective reality and vice versa. If there is anything you would like to know about my experience with the disorder please just let me know. xo, j

H

Habs

My therapist thinks I have this but word hasn’t gotten to my psychiatrist yet. I think I have it also as in the past I have had very fixed delusions that have lasted years and my tendency to delusion in general is very high. Obviously I don’t know that it is a delusion until months or years later when something triggers me to realize that it was not reality. I realized this a little over a year ago and went on an antipsychotic. I haven’t had problems with it since. But now that I know I am vigilant and on the lookout for making sure my thinking and beliefs reflect objective reality and vice versa. If there is anything you would like to know about my experience with the disorder please just let me know. xo, j
[/QUOTE
Hi, what anti psychotic worked for you? He had tried some but side effects were too much, he has been taking an older generation type for 2 months now no side effects but has not done nothing for his paranoid thoughts and anxiety seems to be getting worse. I feel he just hasn’t found the right one yet but he is starting to give up, very low and feeling like no medication can fix this