• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Delusion

A

avdpeas

I have a delusion that I need to "calibrate" myself using meds as a tool. For example, only Invega can enable me to do schoolwork and succeed in taking an online course. Does anyone else have this peculiarity regarding medication?

L

Lab rat

I don’t share. But reading your post, I think that’s a positive state of mind to be in, you are channeling into something constructive. I would say to keep it up.

J

jonnyc55

If it means anything to you, I have a need to "calibrate" myself, in the mechanical sense actually, without medication being used.

I feel like a mechanic to my head everyday. It feels odd, but at least I'm tending to myself and keeping myself calm.

I always think that when I'm better and mentally strong again, that the mechanical and calibrate feelings will dissipate and ill just simply, look after myself and take care.

I suspect the calibrate mechanical attitude is a symptom of desperation to get better, to put lots of focus on amending ourselves. Like Lab rat said, this is a good attitude regardless. Just hopefully you do in fact finally get better and you can just, have a normal life and focus on other things.