• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Deleting social media

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I've had problems with social media (people putting posts as a way to respond to my thoughts and usually in a very unkind and rude way). I feel better that they are finding it harder to harras me. Only thing I haven't deleted is this forum and YouTube. Though I do get problems from time to time with YouTube. I need to be careful sometimes with what video I choose to watch because some harras me. They are just horrible. And my advice: if you are experiencing delusions that harm/hurt you, delete and stop where you get those delusions (TV, social media, websites etc). You have the right to leave people and situations that put you down.

mandy125

mandy125

hello ive experienced something similar so i dont use social media either x

EdEd

EdEd

I understand what you're saying , and if you're getting bad vibes from certain places then you should remove them from your life... good move.

L

Lab rat

This is the only social media I use. Old posts are notoriously hard to get rid of. Don’t use it is my advice

ht46

ht46

Good on you, I have messenger but not face book and instagram for business. Spotify and Kindle are the best for me.

I

indigo6

I've had problems with social media (people putting posts as a way to respond to my thoughts and usually in a very unkind and rude way). I feel better that they are finding it harder to harras me. Only thing I haven't deleted is this forum and YouTube. Though I do get problems from time to time with YouTube. I need to be careful sometimes with what video I choose to watch because some harras me. They are just horrible. And my advice: if you are experiencing delusions that harm/hurt you, delete and stop where you get those delusions (TV, social media, websites etc). You have the right to leave people and situations that put you down.
Sorry you got hurt, you have given yourself the control back, smart move :hug:
Good advice, for everyone:grouphug: