Dehumanised by the NHS.

L

LoveToBake

Hey everyone,

As some of you know, I put in a complaint about my NHS care.
This is what happened.

I emailed PALS and my options were to have a second opinion regarding EUPD or have an opinionated note in my file stating that I do not have EUPD.
If any of you are wondering, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder within the private sector, had no money, went to the NHS and they speculated but never diagnosed Emotionally unstable personality disorder instead of bipolar.

Anyway, the assessment was not going to be face to face and was only based on notes. Taking into consideration I have never had a psychiatric assessment with the NHS. I told PALS that I was well after going back to private care and I was given no reason as to why why I was refused a face to face psychiatric assessment as a form of 2nd opinion. My NHS notes were pretty poor.
Besides, if I had EUPD, it would have shown during a face to face assessment.
Personally, I feel that they were avoiding starting an investigation.

So I went with opinion in my file, but it felt like a false sense of empowerment.
I did say that I use to work for the trust, I am shocked at my care and PALS gave no reply. The NHS psychiatrist disregarded my bipolar diagnosis and clinic letters, he won't care much about my opinion on the matter.

I even contacted complaints but they think the matter is resolved because I went with the opinion.

I wonder if to go with the 2nd opinion but I don't feel it is fair that the NHS don't want to see me in person and PALS suggested my private notes could be fake so the GP will be contacted which I feel insulted by.

I don't mean to cry about it but it makes me think, did I give bad care when I was working for them? And I feel so dehumanised and angry.
Access and crisis even told my mum about a sexual assault that I didn't want her to know about but I feel like nothing can be done about it. My info shouldn't have been given out, especially because I'm over 18 and was over 18 at the time.

I don't know what to do now and I'm praying that I can continue affording private care. It is amazing. I feel so much better and my bipolar is under control.

I am so fearful of the NHS stripping me of meds and forcing EUPD on me.
It has left me with anxiety and worry because every time I'm emotional, I keep thinking, what if. But it's ok to be emotional at times and I don't fear abandonment or anything like that. I keep thinking, what if I'm hurting my boyfriend, I know I'm not and he knows I'm not but, it's because the NHS wanted to drill EUPD in my head.

And lets be honest, bipolar meds and CBT wouldn't be working so well if I had EUPD.

I don't mean to rant, I feel scared encase I have to go back to the NHS. No one can help me there.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Unicorns,
I'm sorry all this has happened to you, my GP disclosed things to my family. My pschiatrist laughed at me, there is some terrible care happening.
I hope you get the care you need.
Take care

L

LoveToBake

Hi Unicorns,
I'm sorry all this has happened to you, my GP disclosed things to my family. My pschiatrist laughed at me, there is some terrible care happening.
I hope you get the care you need.
Take care
Thank you. I was suffering so much anxiety and fearfulness last night.