• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Decompensating-help!

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Emotions are all over the place...feeling anxious, defeated, and discouraged. Praying its not another turn downhill. I know alot of it is because i have been working night shifts. I have to work so i feel like i have no choices to pick from. Feeling trapped!!!

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

so sorry your struggling :hug:

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi greatfulmomoftwo

I do not know much about how the USA welfare system works, but is there any monetary support from that you could claim that would allow you to work less shifts? Or could you talk to human resources where you work and explain you need more choice of hours because it is negatively affecting your MH? :hug1:

M

Mastiff mom

Hi Grateful mom, I'm so sorry you're struggling so much. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Hi greatfulmomoftwo

I do not know much about how the USA welfare system works, but is there any monetary support from that you could claim that would allow you to work less shifts? Or could you talk to human resources where you work and explain you need more choice of hours because it is negatively affecting your MH? :hug1:
Most of the time if you work you don't qualify for government assistance. I didn't qualify when I was only making 850 a month. And that was with being on disability.

Our government assistance is a joke. Truly.

If I were to become pregnant I could qualify but I'm not going to do that. And very few people qualify for disability. It's a long process that can take between 6-12 months. And you don't wven qualify until you can't work for 5 months.

Sorry for the tangent.

G

greatfulmomoftwo

As Lincoln 1990 said. ..our government assistance is a joke. I will talk to my doctor about it and see what she says. For now I decided to take my meds every morning whether I work or not or whether I work nights. Thank you all for your love and support!!!