• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

debt !!!

ali

ali

Hi guys,

I have balliffs coming to my house tommorow... Its stressing me out so much I dont know what to do my local citezens advise is closed for the day i they are coming to get all my worldly possesions and arrest me first thing in the morning .... I cant handle it..........any help much appreciated

silly madam

silly madam

Hi Ali

I know nothing about this sort of thing but I dont think they can take anything if they cant get in. Have you had a search online to see what the procedures are in this sort of case? I cant help really I know but try to stay calm. Can someone come and stay with you? That might help. Stay in touch and let me know how you get on. :flowers:

connect

connect

Admin
Hi Ali,
have you tried the National Debtline? Their website is here: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/
This is the phone number: 0808 808 4000 (FREEPHONE)
The number is open Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm and Saturday 9.30am to 1pm.
Apparently, they are extremely helpful (of course, it always depends on the operator you get, but they may be better informed than the Citizen's Advice Bureau).
I hope they will be able to help you :grouphug:
silly madam's suggestion of getting a friend to stay with you during this stressful time is also great!
Best of luck!!

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Ali,

As well as going to your local Citizens advice centre it may well be worth going to the court where the baliff warrant was issued and ask speak to the collections department about getting a form to stop the warrant, if you are on benefits you will not have to pay the court costs for doing this. On the warrant suspension form you will need to state your income, ant benefits you receive. You will be asked to make an offer to who ever you owe monies to. Ojce this is done return the form to the court as quickly as possible and the balliff warrant will be suspended, once the court hasve received the form from yourself the people you owe monies to have six weeks to decide if they are going to accept your offer otherwise it will go to a judge who will see you have made an offer of payment and will be in your favour telling whoever you owe monies to that you have made an offer, and will either make them accept and wipe off a certain amount off the debt or wipe off the entire debt. I don't know much about baliffs but i don't think they can force their way into your home with out a police presence.

Take care.