Death of a Friend

Kerome

Kerome

People are always saying that they will pray for a person who has died. I pretty much think prayer is just to make the person praying feel better. The deceased has gone to the astral realm in his astral body and he doesn't need our prayers. IMO
Perhaps it depends how close we have been to them. My voices have in the past told me that the emotional ties we forge in this life last beyond death, and if that's true, if you are still connected then a prayer or a well formulated mental message can do them some good.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Thanks. Not everyone is, but it's generally supportive as on-line forums go.

Someone else i know is in hospital on life support after a heroin OD - he was 15 years clean / sober & it happened in the first hit of a relapse.

It happens a lot, & have been around addiction / recovery circles a lot.
Mu cousin died of a heroin overdose. He too had been in recovery, but relapsed. What he took was either too much, or too pure for him cos he had been off it for a while. His gf found him dead, with his head resting on her shoulder when she awoke one morning.

I have known quite a few people over the years, who have died through suicide. It's par the course in our walk of life, I suppose. Sometimes when you bump into someone in town you used to be in hospital with, or go the day centre with, and ask after such-a-body, the words haven't you heard can follow :nod2:

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mu cousin died of a heroin overdose. He too had been in recovery, but relapsed. What he took was either too much, or too pure for him cos he had been off it for a while. His gf found him dead, with his head resting on her shoulder when she awoke one morning.
Yea, it's pretty common.

I have known quite a few people over the years, who have died through suicide. It's par the course in our walk of life, I suppose. Sometimes when you bump into someone in town you used to be in hospital with, or go the day centre with, and ask after such-a-body, the words haven't you heard can follow :nod2:
Yup.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Sometimes I think about my ex in California who committed suicide about 35 years ago. The thought that a prayer could connect me to him again is intriguing. I've been told that attempting to reconnect with the dead is low level spiritualism and to be avoided. It never really bothered me much that he killed himself. He was headed for that the whole time I knew him.

My cousin's bf committed suicide last year and it's been very hard on her as she is an atheist. And three months ago someone I knew from high school committed suicide.

I wonder if there are any animals that commit suicide ?? Or is it just us ??

Last edited:
C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost loved ones. My husband and I had a friend who committed suicide. He had been struggling with mental health issues. I feel like I should have done far more to help him than I did. It's a guilt I will take to the grave. It's so hard to lose someone through suicide.

I've been Agnostic most of my life, and I've always been skeptical of life after death, but the thing is, so many people who have died have been resuscitated and have reported really amazing NDEs that now I think there just might be a beautiful future awaiting for each of us after death. I think maybe we will see our loved ones again.

CPU, I am truly sorry for all that you've had to go through. :hug1:

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I really was thinking about this. Animals do all the behaviors we do. They make friends. They protect. They kill. They rescue. They eat. They sleep. They reproduce. They raise their young. But they don't commit suicide. It seems to be peculiar to us.

Kerome

Kerome

I really was thinking about this. Animals do all the behaviors we do. They make friends. They protect. They kill. They rescue. They eat. They sleep. They reproduce. They raise their young. But they don't commit suicide. It seems to be peculiar to us.
Gorilla's and chimpanzees can talk via sign language and also have moods and get depressed. But I don't think they go so far as to commit suicide, you're right.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Gorilla's and chimpanzees can talk via sign language and also have moods and get depressed. But I don't think they go so far as to commit suicide, you're right.
Another aspect of human behaviour that animals on the whole, seem not to exhibit, is that of killing unnecessarily, or for the hell of it. I think there might be one other species that does this, and from memory it might be the killer whale, or dolphins. I know dolphins are regarded as a friend to people, much like an aquatic dog or something, but I'm sure I read this somewhere lol :)

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Another aspect of human behaviour that animals on the whole, seem not to exhibit, is that of killing unnecessarily, or for the hell of it. I think there might be one other species that does this, and from memory it might be the killer whale, or dolphins. I know dolphins are regarded as a friend to people, much like an aquatic dog or something, but I'm sure I read this somewhere lol :)
Actually, Jane Goodall, the famous chimpanzee expert, revealed that chimps attack chimps from other troupes and kill them. She concluded that we have this very same chimpanzee trait for attacking "different" others of our own species.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Let's hope they don't get as adept at attacking one another as humans then ffs innit, or that's another fucked up and endangered species to contend with :)

Last edited: