Dear people who had a late mental diagnoses

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A late diagnoses is like a crappy intrusive step father. It's been absent your whole life and just walts in and dictates how you percieve yourself; how you live and your 'realistic sucess probility'. You are told at age 18, 24 or 50 you have autism, ADHD, aspergers, ect. Maybe a young adult is told he or she won't go to college or won't be able to move out, because it says so on a piece of paper. Just think, the world neglected you throughout childhood to teens in your speculated struggles. Teachers, coachs or even parents never bothered to wonder if something was apparent in your way of thinking, but then life has some sort of entitlement to slap a label on you when it could have been more useful in the actual times you've struggled (in school, jobs as a teen). Had the diagnoses been much early on things would be different, the diagnoses would feel warrented. Instead you're yanked from your normal life and into a special needs program you dread going because a doctor assesed you at an age where you should be at your prime. "I don't inherently trust doctors because I know how lazy people can be"-Katya Zamolodchikova. We may be incompatant in someways, but its incompatant to allow a human being slip through the cracks and get diagnosed at the most inconvenient time, which is why this should be taken into consideration: If I am so intellectually disabled why did it take 21 years to uncover? Why was I misdiagnosed with ADHD by the same doctor at age 19? Why did it take 19 years to get diagnosed with anything at all when it could have been useful at the start of highschool? When it comes to doctors, there's always room for error, but more importantly, when it comes to humans, there's gauranteed room for error. I'm not condoning to rebel against what you've been diagnosed with, just take it with a grain of salt because just because a piece of paper acts like the crystal ball of how your future is going to be doesn't mean the fortune-teller is worth the money. Don't surrender to a label that dictates your probility in life. Everyone has something to offer, some are just more visible than others but all have equal value.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I was disagnosed a few years ago with the stuff i have, I'm 29 now and i was about 25 when i got disagnosed :hug: