• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Dealing with over sleeping

Q

queerghost

I have no energy to do anything no matter how much I sleep, I can sleep 8 hours during the night and still have to take a long nap in the afternoon. Nothing I have tried seems to help, I have tried caffeine and all different supplements but nothing seems to give me the energy and motivation I need to get work done. It really makes me feel like a lazy failure and I struggle to get any tasks done during the day, even little things like showering and getting dressed.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
This is my life in the autumn and winter. Sunshine and a walk in the morning, antidepressant, and vit d, plus a sad lamp, help

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

my average sleep each day is 14 hours ,im trying not to sleep during the day to make sure i sleep properly at night x
Tawnys ideas are good ,i hope they help
lots of love x Lu x

A

always thirsty

i was on the opposite end of your problem. just recently, like the last couple weeks my normal sleep has returned for the first time in over half a year. never had insonmia problems.

i LOVE sleep now. but just like you it left me drained.

Q

queerghost

This is my life in the autumn and winter. Sunshine and a walk in the morning, antidepressant, and vit d, plus a sad lamp, help
The thing is I really struggle with getting out of the house and I find that going outside makes me quite anxious

On Fire

On Fire

I sleep loads too. I think it is having nothing else to do, so take up ones time sleeping. But if I can't sleep for some reason, I do feel tired very easily.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You are not lazy for being tired and needing lots of sleep. Depression is so exhausting and often the only way through it is to sleep. I have found an antidepressant helpful.

Q

queerghost

You are not lazy for being tired and needing lots of sleep. Depression is so exhausting and often the only way through it is to sleep. I have found an antidepressant helpful.
The main question I pose myself is “what if my therapist doesn’t want to opt for an antidepressant?”. I don’t wanna to tell them that I want antidepressants because they’re the professional and I feel I would be slightly disrespecting them.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You have a right to make your feelings heard. I have made suggestions to my therapists in the past. I think you know your own feelings best and if you think it is something that could help it is a good idea to ask.

J

Jono

The main question I pose myself is “what if my therapist doesn’t want to opt for an antidepressant?”. I don’t wanna to tell them that I want antidepressants because they’re the professional and I feel I would be slightly disrespecting them.
I think if it’s what you’ve decided you need then your therapist should respect that decision as you know yourself better than they do ;)