• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dealing with OCD, help, i'm afraid i'm gonna end my life

E

Elle59

Feeling like a monster.
Don't know what to do
Thinking of ending my life…
Help please

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Why do you feel like a monster? I'm sure you are not.
Is there someone you can call?
If you cannot keep safe you must call someone for help or go to the hospital.

Life is really hard but there are good times too. I understand not feeling like you can go on but we have to take it one day at a time.

C

celticlass

We don't know what is going on for you but Tawny is right. You need to get help to stay safe and start to feel better. Is there anyone who would give you a place of safety until the morning? If not I think perhaps you should contact the health services where you are for support and direction as to where/how help is available.

Sash1

Sash1

My psychologist once told me about the scenario that almost everyone has, when standing on a train platform, or a bus stop, and thinking, what would happen if I pushed that person onto the tracks/road..intrusive, uncomprehendable thoughts..

Apparently we all have them, doesn't make us bad people..only difference is, when people who don't suffer MH issues have them, they just go about their day, that's it, done..

But when WE have them, we beat ourselves up so bad, that it torments our minds that we think we really are capable of doing those things..but in all honesty we're not..

Our minds play all kinds of tricks on us, you never acted on those thoughts, your aware theyre wrong.. INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS, is what everyone gets, we just seem to think more into it..

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Need help/advice for dealing with ocd/ perfectionism Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
P Need help on dealing with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E Tips for dealing with ocd doubt Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
P Dealing with "ocd and signs" Please read. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Getting started dealing with things? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
SnowFairy00 Dealing with stuck thoughts and fears about the past Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
williamn rOCD dealing with my wife ... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
williamn rOCD dealing with my longtime wife ... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 20
J Seeking knowledge in what I’m dealing with.. so lost Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M Dealing with intrusive thoughts, just started CBT training Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
B Done dealing with it alone and the incident that made me join. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
Timae7 What happened (harm OCD story) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
P My OCD Experience Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
N Stressed harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Do I Have OCD or Just Overthinking? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Religious OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G My OCD cured perfectly Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
dontknowwhattodowithoutyou I am the worst person ever. real event ocd TW sexual Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
JAYBOY100 Never felt like this before OCD intrusive thoughts? 😔 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
A I am afraid I will lose someone due to OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
J OCD/Intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
O Ocd thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
stevie_sloth How do I know if it's GAD or OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
B OCD? Sexual/violent/intrusive thoughts. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
O Ocd and mistaking feelings Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
O Ocd wierd dream Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
P OCD or psychosis? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
P OCD and loneliness Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
R Ocd Like Symptoms Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A religious ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Tips for living with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Is this OCD? I ruined my teeth Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J OCD about self doubt Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
D Ocd or Asperger/autism? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 24
J Harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R is this h-ocd or denial?? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
P OCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Any advise how to calm my ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J I fear consumption of my ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
R scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
G Is my OCD impossible? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Life After OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N OCD is destroyingmy life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D Strange ocd theme! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 23
P OCD and anxiety over blood borne viruses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Do you think I'm Ocd? HELP! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G New treatment for OCD - brain pulses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Ocd back Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD (fear of being poisoned) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2