Dealing with Loss

RKA1952

RKA1952

Im in bad shape. I recently lost a dear, wonderful daughter-in-law, and am in the middle of helping my son get the loose ends tied up. I have what I consider strong spiritual convictions that buoyed me up during the loss of my wife and son a few years ago. But this time I’m really struggling. Nothing e?in my diagnosis or meds has changed, but my paranoid delusions, which are usually very well controlled, are running rampant. Has anyone had a similar experience?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

The last time I had a relapse was when our dog got congestive heart failure and died. I did not think I cared for this dog THAT much, that it would cause a relapse. I don't think I was very upset about the dog. But I did have the relapse.

RKA1952

RKA1952

I haven’t felt this vulnerable to a potential “breakthrough” episode, despite taking a very high level of antipsychotic. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

So sorry for your loss. Having experienced a number of losses, I think that each one can bring back the pain and issues from previous bereavements and leave you feeling raw. Maybe there's an element of that for you at the moment? Take care - you have obviously been through a lot xx

RKA1952

RKA1952

So sorry for your loss. Having experienced a number of losses, I think that each one can bring back the pain and issues from previous bereavements and leave you feeling raw. Maybe there's an element of that for you at the moment? Take care - you have obviously been through a lot xx
I think you have a valid point, and a very helpful perspective. Thanks.