• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Dealing with guilt/not being able to work

S

skylark200

I should be starting back at work after being off sick since January. Started having bad anxiety and panic attacks again and my GP just told me he wants to continue my sick leave into may because he feels I'm not stable enough to go back yet. I struggle with accepting my situation and not being able to "perform". My parents are lovely and supportive but they're the kind of people who think you just need to push yourself to do the scary thing and then it'll be all good so they're frustrated with me having to stay home even longer. How do you deal with these kinds of struggles?

S

skylark200

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my post, maybe a moderator can move it to the right one?

J

Johntron9999

I should be starting back at work after being off sick since January. Started having bad anxiety and panic attacks again and my GP just told me he wants to continue my sick leave into may because he feels I'm not stable enough to go back yet. I struggle with accepting my situation and not being able to "perform". My parents are lovely and supportive but they're the kind of people who think you just need to push yourself to do the scary thing and then it'll be all good so they're frustrated with me having to stay home even longer. How do you deal with these kinds of struggles?
Ur parents are old school. In this age anxiety and depression is worse and they should understand u can't just snap out of depression. It's not always mind over matter and physically in your brain it is not working right. Number one thing is to focus and keep finding treatment until you are well. Can't work until you are well enough my parents were the same didn't understand anxiety and depression and me not working. I moved out at age 20 and went on welfare. Altho not happy about it at all I did my own thing. And ive been on my own since and have been much happier