• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dealing with a break up

R

redblueyellow

Im 18, someone broke up with me over a year ago now but I'm still completely distraught over it. I am taking antidepressants but I just dont' feel any better, i'm trying so hard but I feel confused the whole time, and I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. Feel like im never good enough. How do I get over him, I just don't know what to do.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

A break up is sometimes so much harder isn't it. It took me at least two and a half years to get over my ex and even now it hurts when he gets some sort of good thing happen to him as he treated me so badly and is the one living a happy life with a fiance and a baby on the way.

Anyway....

Your heart needs time to grieve the relationship, sometimes it is easier sometimes it is harder. Have you got anything around to remind you of him, like processions? Do you still talk or see him now?

Having someone still in your life also makes it harder because there will always be something about him that you care about. You can't fix your heart with a click of a finger.

You are good enough and one day, when you are older you will see that.

Huge :hug1:'s

Marliee x

nonotme

nonotme

It took me at least two and a half years to get over my ex and even now it hurts when he gets some sort of good thing happen to him as he treated me so badly and is the one living a happy life with a fiance and a baby on the way.

Marliee x

You are not the only one. Bitterness is my middle name.

anyway OP, just go with the flow as much as you can. I'm old fart but time will heal and you will get over it................... maybe try and find new friends, of both sexes and start to rebuild your social life, slowly will do it. maybe try new hobbies, sports ? all these things will help if you can make the effort.

good luck.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Amazing gf suddenly wants a break as she is dealing with depression/stress Depression Forum 1
C Dealing with depression as a student athlete Depression Forum 1
K Dealing with utter boredom Depression Forum 19
U Dealing with the fear of being spouseless and dying alone. Depression Forum 4
M How long you was dealing with depression before search and join to a forum? Depression Forum 8
M Lets make a group for people dealing with loneliness ? Depression Forum 23
DistantOcean Dealing with pain? Depression Forum 1
Q Dealing with over sleeping Depression Forum 9
Jam1990 10 days off Celexa and still dealing with negative side effects Depression Forum 4
S Dealing with anger and guilt Depression Forum 2
S Encouragement To The Ones Dealing With Depression and Thoughts Of Suicide Depression Forum 10
C Seeking Advice on Dealing With Intense Feelings That Come With Depression or Art Depression Forum 6
J Need advice dealing with longterm Girlfriends Depression Depression Forum 17
J Dealing with Coronavirus Depression Forum 7
M Dealing with friend with depression (also seeking for advice) Depression Forum 4
M I need advice on dealing with depression Depression Forum 5
L Dealing with two terminally ill relatives but my Friend unsupportive that has depression Depression Forum 8
1 Dealing with a breakup alongside depression. How do I survive ? Depression Forum 1
S Need some advice on dealing with grief by suicide Depression Forum 11
H Dealing With Isolation Depression Forum 7
S Dealing with depression Depression Forum 2
S Advice for dealing with father who has depression Depression Forum 3
K 20 and depressed. The story and experience of a young woman dealing with a lifetime depression Depression Forum 1
A Dealing with depression Depression Forum 5
H Dealing with set backs Depression Forum 4
D Dealing with death. Depression Forum 7
T Dealing with depression in the most crucial moment of my life Depression Forum 1
T Dealing with work Depression Forum 4
L New here, need advice on what I'm dealing with. Depression Forum 2
A Dealing with hopelessness Depression Forum 10
BehindBrownEyes Tips for dealing with depression & anxiety?? help!! Depression Forum 4
D Dealing with my boyfriend's depression. Depression Forum 5
M Dealing with depression after drinking alcohol Depression Forum 1
C Dealing with people Depression Forum 3
R dealing with my wife leaving me. Depression Forum 1
D Dealing with Depressed Fiance Depression Forum 3
W Not dealing with anger Depression Forum 3
N Dealing with the job centre Depression Forum 11
Shiro Dealing with Negative People? Depression Forum 3
S Help and advice needed with dealing with someone suffering mental health. Depression Forum 2
R Difficulty in dealing with rejection, having a really bad night. Depression Forum 3
lpattie Dealing with sedation Depression Forum 4
S Dealing with having become my worst nightmare....a LOSER still living at home in my THIRTIES. How to deal? Depression Forum 4
deathandsequins Dealing with Bad Days Depression Forum 3
A How you’ve dealt with a break up Depression Forum 9
P Break up Depression Forum 71
W i’m scared i’ll never be able to break this negative thougjt pattern Depression Forum 3
M Break ups and major depression(s) Depression Forum 19
M Bad habit you would like to break Depression Forum 2
D Depressed/break up / suicidal Depression Forum 10