• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

De Ja Vu

A

awkwardjosh

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to put down that over the past year or so I have seriously been experiencing points in life that I know I have already seen before, these happen extremely regularly (perhaps once a week) they aren't anything that correlate with one another, but I just thought it was rather interesting,

Thoughts anyone?

krista

krista

sometimes I get that too. it's very worrying for me. not as often though.

it's such a strange feeling...

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to put down that over the past year or so I have seriously been experiencing points in life that I know I have already seen before, these happen extremely regularly (perhaps once a week) they aren't anything that correlate with one another, but I just thought it was rather interesting,

Thoughts anyone?
Deja vu is, I think, quite a disturbing feeling. I've probably experienced it less than a handful of times in my life and never found a satisfactory reason or theory regarding it. I don't know how you cope with it on a weekly basis. Does it worry you much?

S

stella

I've experienced it lots of times since I was a kid, is pretty disturbing, I don't know if it's a symptom of something or it's nothing to worry about

I've read somewhere it was a trick from our brain and it happens to everyone at least once, but I don't know if it somerhing to worry about when it happens plenty of times (because I should worry then)

Last edited:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Stella is right, it has been said that it's just a trick of the brain.
I think there's some statistics about that say our brain receives information/stimulation and it's actually a few seconds later that it becomes our reality. Not sure about the science behind it all, but hopefully you can find some comfort in the fact that it's a recognised phenomenon that happens to other people.

Just as an aside, i've always found myself getting Deja Vu when i'm feeling quite anxious and confused. Do you notice it's the same with you, or can it occur when you're feeling ok too?