DBT on the NHS

kyarahope

kyarahope

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone else had attended or is attending DBT through the NHS for treatment of BPD, I am starting this soon, and to be honest I really do not know how I feel about it. It feels very unnatural, and I really am dreading it now. The thought about going is making me feel sick, I have discussed it and gone through what is expected etc... and I cant help but feel as though its something I really do not want to do, even though its my only option as I do not take medication.
Please could you share any advise, thoughts or feelings; anything really.

Thank you

S

Stray

Hi, there have been a few threads on people's experiences with DBT, maybe a search on here will help to read how others have found it. It's not offered where I am xx

A

AmberMoon

I've done DBT it's definitely worth doing. I would give it a try you never know it may even help you. What have you got to lose?

mami5

mami5

I'm doing DBT. Started on the one to one around end of May last year, and group mid September. It's not an easy therapy, but it is worth it as you learn valuable coping skills. At the moment though, I've been advised to take a break from it for a while, as I'm struggling too much with other stuff. I'm now doing schema focus therapy instead. But I am hoping to be able to return soon. Good luck with it. :hug: xxxx