Daylight Saving Time

valleygirl

valleygirl

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on the forum. I was having computer problems, and had to shell out $300 to get it fixed.

Anyway...Daylight Saving Time. Did the UK switch to daylight saving time this weekend? How does the time change affect you? I wish we would just stay on standard time. I know it's only an hour, but it messes me up for a couple of weeks, which is plenty of time for my mood and sense of well-being to take a serious dive, and then who knows how long to recover from that. I find that people who do not have MH issues simply cannot understand how much "just one hour" can have long lasting consequences.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi.
I hate losing an hours sleep, takes a couple of days to adjust.

On a positive note;
As I'm in UK I like that my friends in Canada are closer to the time here today, i tend to be able to catch up with them more, and have more chats on the phone :)

Im glad you have your computer fixed!

Take care.
Unique xx

Last edited:
valleygirl

valleygirl

Oh, do you not switch to DST this weekend? Do you switch at a later date? I'm on the West Coast of British Columbia, and there is an 8 hour time difference between here and the UK. The further east you go in Canada the less that difference is. I used to live in Manitoba and it was only 6 hours difference, sigh.
Hi.
I hate losing an hours sleep, takes a couple of days to adjust.

On a positive note;
As I'm in UK I like that my friends in Canada are closer to the time here today, i tend to be able to catch up with them more, and have more chats on the phone :)

Im glad you have your computer fixed!

Take care.
Unique xx

Unique1

Unique1

Ah I see.
My friends live in Nova Scotia they are now only 3 hours behind. I love it, we get to chat more :) x

Oh, do you not switch to DST this weekend? Do you switch at a later date? I'm on the West Coast of British Columbia, and there is an 8 hour time difference between here and the UK. The further east you go in Canada the less that difference is. I used to live in Manitoba and it was only 6 hours difference, sigh.

valleygirl

valleygirl

Well, DST really screwed me up this week. I've had terrible insomnia and I've been pushing myself to get through each day. Today I am supposed to be doing homework, but I am so tired that I just can't think critically like I need to in order to do my assignments. I feel so dopey that I can hardly concentrate on anything. Too much of this and I'm going to slide back down into depression. I feel it happening already. I desperately want to have a nap, but I don't want to ruin my sleep tonight.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Its May and October where I am.

Imagine my :eek2: when we rolled into the gas station in the Northern Territory (which is on the same GMT as home) and found out we'd overlooked the fact NT doesn't observe Daylight Saving at all.

So, we had to wait an EXTRA HOUR for the servo to opened. Yes we rolled into a shut servo at 1am our time, 12pm theirs, and had to wait till 6am our time and 7am theirs because we lost an hour.

:( #nevernever #timemovesdifferentlyupthere