Daylight for depression.

A

Alladyn1919

ACCOUNT CLOSED
There seem to be virtually no talk on this forum as well as anywhere else about fairly important issue for most if not al clinically depressed people as is exposure (of eyes) to daylight.It really can make a significant difference.There is even some science in that, but it's a fact known from experience.It's sad most depressives don't know about it and don't use it to their advantage.For various though explainable reasons depressives don't realise about that, like myself, till I was told,and then gradually but surely I realised about daylight healing properties.I would like to underline that issue here on this forum,even with my maybe broken English, before probably leaving it soon, for realising about that phenomenon with daylight can make a really significant difference for the depressed.I would gladly answer any questions concerning that.Anyway,I'll probably write another post about that issue soon if I have time which I don't have now.

Alladyn1919

T

Tom2202

I agree. You need to see sunlight and feel it on your skin, being inside all the things me isn't real

N

natalie

Although I have traits of bipolar, which include mood swings, I can understand the benefits of daylight. And natural daylight too. I am liking it from now onwards, that in England, it is getting daylight much longer now, until about 5/5.30pm.

R

Ramson bangers

Glad we didnt get much snow. Looking forward to spring and then the big one ...summer.
I am but a flower what grows in the dirt when the sun comes up. I Love the heat.

A

Alladyn1919

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Glad we didnt get much snow. Looking forward to spring and then the big one ...summer.
I am but a flower what grows in the dirt when the sun comes up. I Love the heat.
A mistake about snow.Snow is actually a friend of depressives.There is more (sometimes even much more) daylight when there is snow than when there isn't.Outside as well as inside (daylight coming through windows).

Alladyn1919

R

Ramson bangers

A mistake about snow.Snow is actually a friend of depressives.There is more (sometimes even much more) daylight when there is snow than when there isn't.Outside as well as inside (daylight coming through windows).

Alladyn1919
Can't be arsed with the crunch under the feet, footprints or slippy stuff. Also means it's cold.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

We rarely get sunlight here during the winter. It has been cloudy and snowing on and off last week and going into next week.

I feel really happy when I see the sun. It has such a tremendous effect on my mood.

There’s a medical light bulb that can produce something similar to what we get from the sun. It can be prescribed by your doctor.

A

Alladyn1919

ACCOUNT CLOSED
We rarely get sunlight here during the winter. It has been cloudy and snowing on and off last week and going into next week.

I feel really happy when I see the sun. It has such a tremendous effect on my mood.

There’s a medical light bulb that can produce something similar to what we get from the sun. It can be prescribed by your doctor.

Yes.SAD light is also benrficial though less than natural daylight, it should be used if daylight is not available.However it is impoprtant to be sure if SAD lamp has a uv filter/blocker since bulbs used in such lamps emit harmful uv rays, and probably some other harmful radiation.So without proper filters/blockers they may be harmful, especially to eyes.From what I saw on the net some SAD lighting seem not to have such filters/blocker.It also shoulkd be noted that bulbs/tubes emiting light above 4000 K (maybe even less, I'm not sure) emit harmful radiation but they are commonly sold without any warning, I think the more "K" the more harmful they are, and bulbs/tubes used in SAD light are usually 5000 K, so it is really imortant checking before buying is such a lamp contains right flocker/filter (usually used as diffuser).
Anyway , importance of daylight, SAD light in depression, seasonal and not seasonal should be much more publicised, talked about, researched, etc.Depressives shoulkd do it themselves.I think depressed can't rely on psychiatrists/psychologists in that matter since the knowledge about substantial impact of daylight on depression may be detrimental to their business.You can't sell daylight .

Alladyn1919