• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Day hospital? (UK)

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

I've to start attending the day hospital from tomorrow because of my severe anxiety and I have no idea how one of these things work.

Does anyone know what happens at a day hospital? How many days a week would I be there? Would I also still be able to come home at the end of the day?

I have a house rabbit, I also game for a couple of hours online before bed with close friends and set aside an hour to listen to guided meditation/ASMR (all which relieve my anxiety symptoms) so I'm scared my routine is going to be distrupted.

My anxiety is only at it's worst just before I head to sleep, during the night and first thing in the morning, but I believe the situation only to be temporary (see my other post about thin walls) as the council are fighting to soundproof my bedroom.

Would a day hospital be able to arrange having a carer come spend a few nights with me to vertify that excess noise causes my anxiety to greaten?

R

Rose19602

Hi Arctica,

Does anyone know what happens at a day hospital? How many days a week would I be there? Would I also still be able to come home at the end of the day?
Day hospitals normally mean precisely that. There is a set time that you attend during a pre-arranged number of day and then you go home at night. I would contact the day centre and ask for the times/dates you need to be there. If you have the name and address you could look up their number and call them.

I have a house rabbit, I also game for a couple of hours online before bed with close friends and set aside an hour to listen to guided meditation/ASMR (all which relieve my anxiety symptoms) so I'm scared my routine is going to be distrupted.
Hopefully, the hours will be between 09.00-17.30 and so you will be able to fit these things in. Is there anyone who could care for your rabbit during the day or could he manage without you if you were back by the evening?

My anxiety is only at it's worst just before I head to sleep, during the night and first thing in the morning, but I believe the situation only to be temporary (see my other post about thin walls) as the council are fighting to soundproof my bedroom.
You must struggle to sleep then? Sounds very difficult. I hope you get your bedroom soundproofed if noise is making you feel worse.

Would a day hospital be able to arrange having a carer come spend a few nights with me to vertify that excess noise causes my anxiety to greaten
Don't know. You could ask when you get there. It's likely they will ask you about some of the issues that are affecting you and what makes you worse / better.

I write down any questions I have so that I don't forget to ask! I have a head like a sieve...maybe that would be a good idea as you may feel anxious when you first get there, until you settle down.

I hope that this centre can help you. Give them a ring and find out about them on line so that you can stop worrying about the concerns you have and put them to bed. :)

M

MyWestiePaige

I don't know about day centers, but wanted to
Wish you luck. I would be nervous too.
I've been inpatient 2 times. It's very
Scary entering into a new situation.
After a couple days, you will be ok. :goodluck:
Take extra care of yourself!

Do you have a crate you could put
Your rabbit in while you're gone?
I have a dog and don't like being away
From the house line either. I wonder if
Maybe while your gone the rabbit could
Be confined in a bathroom if you
Don't have a crate?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner - I have no experience of day hospital at all so didn't feel I could say anything helpful.
I do hope it's gone well for you today though. Let us know how you got on if you get a chance.