• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Day 2 of medication

R

RiffRaff

So this is day 2 of my medication. I took 12.5 mg of zoloft yesterday and today. I was much less responsive to to my anxiety today and yesterday but a bit drowsy. I can still feel my anxiety like a strange under current of energy but I have not had a panic attack. I did still have my weird awaking anxiety this morning but it lasted a shorter amount of time than usual. Tomorrow I will take the full 25 mg.

Oh and I have not checked my heart rate all day today.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I do hope the medication works for you. Give it time to build up in your system. You do adjust to meds and the drowsiness does go down over time. Have you ever considered therapy to learn techniques to deal with this and to pin point why it is happening?

R

RiffRaff

I do hope the medication works for you. Give it time to build up in your system. You do adjust to meds and the drowsiness does go down over time. Have you ever considered therapy to learn techniques to deal with this and to pin point why it is happening?
I think I am just hypersensitive and aware of my body and sensations and easy to panic. I have health OCD GAD and CPTSD. But I try to not get too caught up on labels.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think I am just hypersensitive and aware of my body and sensations and easy to panic.
There are techniques out there to help you, have you tried any? There is always Mindfulness which takes a lot of practise and isn't a quick fix but does help in the long run. We have a very brief intro to it on here but you need to research it for yourself to get the full benefit.

R

RiffRaff

There are techniques out there to help you, have you tried any? There is always Mindfulness which takes a lot of practise and isn't a quick fix but does help in the long run. We have a very brief intro to it on here but you need to research it for yourself to get the full benefit.

Yes, I do meditate and I use the DARE method.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I've never heard of the DARE method. Sounds interesting