• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Day 14 on Citalopram !!!

L

laural98

Hi all,

I am officially two weeks on Citalopram today. Side effects have mostly subsided but I do get the odd Headache, general ache and pain still.

Around 1am last night I was trying to settle down to sleep and became very aware of my heartbeat. It wasn’t racing, but the more I thought about it the more it did. I started having that typical anxiety chest and just knew I was about to have a panic. I put on my trusted sleep meditation, focused on my breathing and managed to eventually fall asleep. This time 3 weeks ago I would never of been able to do that.

I was very skeptical about starting medication at first and wanted to try and overcome this on my own but I have to say it has really helped. I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who is new to medication or having to take medication again. You will get there eventually. It is still early days for myself and already seeing improvements. You all got this!!

I am here if anyone needs to talk, anytime, day or night 💗

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I'm so glad! I really help it continues to work, and things improve even more!

I wish something...ANYTHING...would work for me.

L

laural98

Thank u so much! Still early days so see how it goes but fingers crossed it does!

sorry to hear that.. have you explored all options? X

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Thank u so much! Still early days so see how it goes but fingers crossed it does!

sorry to hear that.. have you explored all options? X
Nah. Just Sertraline, Escitalopram, Moclobemide, Venlafaxine, Duloxetine, Lamotrigine, Ritalin, Tramadol...meh.

L

laural98

Wow that’s a lot isn’t it. Surprising that none of them have worked. That’s such a shame for you I hope you can find something x

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Yeah, it's a fair few that I've tried! lol.

They all do SOMETHING, but it's always the same things, to different extents, none of which are good at all.

L

laural98

Did you have bad side effects from them?
Yeah, it's a fair few that I've tried! lol.

They all do SOMETHING, but it's always the same things, to different extents, none of which are good at all.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Did you have bad side effects from them?
Not really, no.

Sertraline - slightly sleepy for the first 3 days and a bit squeamish in the stomach

Escitalopram - nothing at all

Moclobemide - lightheaded and floaty on the first day only, then nothing

Venlafaxine - sweating more, slightly upset stomach

Duloxetine - lightheaded and floaty on the first day only, then nothing

Lamotrigine - nothing at all

Ritalin - horrendous!!!! SO lethargic, apathetic, depressed, bored, vague, unfocussed, NO motivation at all (technically these aren't side effects, they're just how I responded to it)

Tramadol - nothing at all

The side effects aren't the problem. They're mild and brief. The problem is that in the longer term, the meds either do nothing or make me feel worse (more depressed, anxious, sleepy, dull etc).

L

laural98

That’s the thing isn’t it, it’s kind of like trial and error and everyone reacts different to different things.

G

GuyCoping

Hi all,

I am officially two weeks on Citalopram today. Side effects have mostly subsided but I do get the odd Headache, general ache and pain still.

Around 1am last night I was trying to settle down to sleep and became very aware of my heartbeat. It wasn’t racing, but the more I thought about it the more it did. I started having that typical anxiety chest and just knew I was about to have a panic. I put on my trusted sleep meditation, focused on my breathing and managed to eventually fall asleep. This time 3 weeks ago I would never of been able to do that.

I was very skeptical about starting medication at first and wanted to try and overcome this on my own but I have to say it has really helped. I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who is new to medication or having to take medication again. You will get there eventually. It is still early days for myself and already seeing improvements. You all got this!!

Citalopram is a mild drug that helps raise your seratonin levels. This helps you feel comforted. I've taken this drug since 2007. I haven't had any trouble with it. You can also raise your seratonin levels with things like green tea, nuts, fruits, vegetables and milk.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

Hi all,

Sounds like your doing fine and dandy

A lot of folk do what your doing and count how many days dince starting but all that does is make you anxious. Best is to just take the stuff and forget about it

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

I like to count the beats up to 4 a few times. Speeds up a little when breathing in. Do that for a few seconds and the. Just ignore it because I know it’s in a rhythm.