• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Daughter with narcissictic personality disorder.

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Hi my grown up adopted daughter has caused me such stress. I adopted her age 5 she was not a difficult child but distant and did not show emotion. I believe she was damaged by maternal separation. The trouble is she locked her pain in and i suspect never bonded with me. I have to explain she is a very home actress and super smart in many ways. teenage years she became unmanageable and we had a complete breakdown of any relationship. I had four other kids and post natal depression so i let her go. I was not able to reach her. She moved out but stayed near by. I began hearing things she was saying about me. They were horrible and she has done this for years never facing me direct but poisoning my social levels. Its hard to explain but i feel she is like a stalker. Its like she has this obsessive revenge thing but is clever to do things subtly and make it appear i am the crazy one. I am in truth scared of her. It has made me feel ill and the sheer extent of her mind games is horribl

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Counselling

I suggested counselling but got no response. The amount of people she has involved and the things i have heard lead me to think she is not going to stop. So i moved last year. I have had emails from a friend who says she makes it seem to others like i am the aggressor and she gains their sympathy with this and tells them not to say anything or i will get angry! This leads to a whole network of people who think i am some sort of ogre and she is very believable. Only people who have seen her other side understand. Everyone else is taken in. It has made me feel suicidal. Its impossible for meto get to the truth out. I am quite a shy person and this hurts.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Sorry that your having such a difficult time with your adopted daughter, im not really to sure what to suggest other than you can only do what you're doing right now, and you must put your needs before your daughters i know that sounds really harsh but if you dont look after yourself then who does?

:hug:

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Lettinggo guilt

I guess your right letting go is tough especially as i feel i need to undo her lies. But i guess if i keep on doin the best i can one day the truth will just come to surface.