• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Daughter has to be the last person to finish her meal

S

ScottyMcScott

Hi folks, something I've just noticed about our daughter (23). She married at 19 (fell in love with a lead singer in a rock band in LasVegas and eloped... I kid you not). The marriage failed and she returned after 5 years. She's drinking ... a lot and by herself. We're working on that with her and things are going well. I've also noted the following two peculiar habits she has. During dinner she will always make a point of noticing anyone who's finished their meal. "Mom, you're done?... wow". It's not delivered in a pejorative manner but rather in a playful tone. However it still singles out someone. The other habit is that she will always "attempt" to finish her meal last. The other night I intentionally ate very slow and "waited her out". I finished my meal last and it seemed to upset her. She was moody for the remainder of the evening. I've also noticed that she seemed to have regressed in her language to that of a 14 y.o. valley girl. Her language includes a slightly induced lisp. She did not do these things prior to her vegas "adventure".
Thanks for reading. I hope I didn't waste anyone's time.

Scotty.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I can't explain the eating but she may have regressed in order to deal with certain events in her life. Here are a few links that may explain and help you to understand and deal with what has happened.

I wish you all the best, and we're here if you need to talk more.

Zero One

Zero One

This scares me a lot hopefully she will be fine soon maybe she should see a psychiatrist to help deal with any issues she is having.

T

TravelingSparrow

That’s bizzare definitely. If she’s finishing her meal and generally doesn’t seem to be making excuses to not eat or “eating alone” I’m not sure it’s eating disorder behavior.
One thing does come to mind that’s can cause mood changes and personality changes... drugs :/
Hopefully it’s nothing serious! But it’s good ur taking it serious.

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

Not to stereotype but that crowd are known for heavy drugs and drinking. You can buy a drug test from Amazon for cheap and they work. Certain types of drugs makes eating literally a chore and there's no desire for it. Then there's drugs and makes you hungry AF.

C

cokezero

Hi folks, something I've just noticed about our daughter (23). She married at 19 (fell in love with a lead singer in a rock band in LasVegas and eloped... I kid you not). The marriage failed and she returned after 5 years. She's drinking ... a lot and by herself. We're working on that with her and things are going well. I've also noted the following two peculiar habits she has. During dinner she will always make a point of noticing anyone who's finished their meal. "Mom, you're done?... wow". It's not delivered in a pejorative manner but rather in a playful tone. However it still singles out someone. The other habit is that she will always "attempt" to finish her meal last. The other night I intentionally ate very slow and "waited her out". I finished my meal last and it seemed to upset her. She was moody for the remainder of the evening. I've also noticed that she seemed to have regressed in her language to that of a 14 y.o. valley girl. Her language includes a slightly induced lisp. She did not do these things prior to her vegas "adventure".
Thanks for reading. I hope I didn't waste anyone's time.

Scotty.
Ehhhh, that doesn't sound like an eating disorder to me, just my opinion though

R

Recoveringalienbaby

I personally am in recovery from an eating disorder and one of the things I find incredible hard is letting other people finish eating after me. This is because I feel guilt if someone else has left food and I have finished mine because I feel greedy and disgusting. Hopefully this is not the case with your daughter, but you might want to keep an eye on her for any other peculiar eating habits.

M

Melchy

With me, deceitful disorderly behaviour actually makes me sit down before anybody else, in the place I want, and I appear to start fast and finish first so that I can escape whilst they’re trapped at the table. Also, when others finish first, they tend to look at people rather than their plate.
Check out where she sits. Check what she is actually putting in her mouth. Does she appear to be fiddling about in her lap. Does she cover her plate with a napkin?
If it’s an Ed, the clues will scream out if u know what to look for.
Check out what she does and where she goes when she leaves the table. Maybe she wants ppl to leave before her so that...... <fill in the blanks>.

P

Purpleplum

Sounds like she might want be in control. Maybe she felt like she lost that control in her failed marriage.

Sometimes ED's are about control.