• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dating help

C

confuzed

I've met a girl who I think is interested in me and would like to meet again. I'm totally self consumed with thoughts...negative and positive (mostly negative). Ofcourse that is not rational but I do not have the cognitive theraphy yet to realize that. I'm over analyzing the situation to the point where I don't know what will happen. I have set up an appt. with a psychiatrist/therapist (he is a MD and therapist which is cool) but he cannot see me for a month and a half. My date is scheduled in two days. Does anyone have any experience or ideas that may help. I've bought a few books online because I can't find them in the bookstore and I want them to arrive before I go on another date so I can scan for a few tips...

S

saffron

the fact that you have a date is enough to tell you that she is interested in the first place isnt it, she agreed to go out with you. speaking from a female perspective, just ask her about things she likes and take interest in what she says, be polite and respectful and choose somewhere that helps set the mood, like the theatre or comedy night, that way you do not have to worry about entertaining her as such but can just have fun with her as if she was your friend. treat her like you would like to be treated. If it does not work out then it is not your fault just the chemistry is not right after all and its neither of your fault for doing something wrong its just admitting a difference in opinion.
just have fun and remember respect and politeness do not cost you anything but is priceless and apreciated.
sorry to waffle on, guess, as a girl thats how I would want to be treated.
hope it all goes well
saffron

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Dating a sociopath- Personality Disorders Forum 40
1 Dating a sociopath? Personality Disorders Forum 9
K OCPD or NPD - Dating Personality Disorders Forum 1
karinasade Online dating and DANGEROUS Triggers Personality Disorders Forum 6
F Can you help me understand sociopathy? Personality Disorders Forum 19
stevie_sloth I don't deserve help or love Personality Disorders Forum 20
C ASPD and sadism making me suicidal help Personality Disorders Forum 11
M I need help dealing with someone with low self esteem Personality Disorders Forum 2
W Need help understanding whether my aunt's behaviour resemble a narcissist or BPD Personality Disorders Forum 1
L AVPD questions, please help! Personality Disorders Forum 2
C Munchausen’s syndrome ??? I need to help my mum Personality Disorders Forum 6
Y Self help Personality Disorders Forum 1
G Please Help Me Rationalize This Personality Disorders Forum 6
D Help: What kind of therapy do I need for suspected NPD? Personality Disorders Forum 2
T Can someone help me figure this out? Personality Disorders Forum 3
B Good books to help improve conscientiousness Personality Disorders Forum 8
T Help Personality Disorders Forum 10
T Help Personality Disorders Forum 8
D I've got Borderline personality disorder as well as dysthymic disorder. I seek help and counsel. Personality Disorders Forum 4
P Please help before i do something silly Personality Disorders Forum 2
O Please - need help with my son Personality Disorders Forum 8
J Am I a bad person or do I need help? Personality Disorders Forum 6
Lunar Lady Broken heart...it's my own fault...any help understanding a passive aggressive male please? Personality Disorders Forum 26
T Need help Personality Disorders Forum 1
S Diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder, can you help..? Personality Disorders Forum 2
X I need some help with my anger Personality Disorders Forum 3
A Advice to Help my Partner w/ OCPD Personality Disorders Forum 1
G Seeking out help for a dear friend Personality Disorders Forum 0
L Am I over reacting again?!? PLEASE HELP Personality Disorders Forum 5
J Desperately seeking help and advice about lying - LONG Personality Disorders Forum 4
O Help! I think my brother may be going off the deep end Personality Disorders Forum 1
Z I need help please (anyone who has tips on how to deal w psychotic ep) Personality Disorders Forum 3
W I need help and answers. My condition is effecting me. I need input Personality Disorders Forum 2
S PIP help Personality Disorders Forum 2
M Please help Bf on holiday, im an obsessed wreck Personality Disorders Forum 3
T Want to help my partner Personality Disorders Forum 3
B Help i think I need to go into hospital Personality Disorders Forum 3
1 self-help ideas? Personality Disorders Forum 5
A Help advice needed Personality Disorders Forum 4
S Please help me understand Personality Disorders Forum 2
M Just joined, Need help to understand and help my 32 year old son Personality Disorders Forum 25
R I don't get what's going on. help Personality Disorders Forum 0
R I don't know what's happening. help. Personality Disorders Forum 1
K Please help Personality Disorders Forum 10
1 My GP is being a pain help Personality Disorders Forum 1
N Almost 100% sure I have a Personality Disorder. Need help identifying a possibility before I go to a doctor. Personality Disorders Forum 2
C Referred for diagnosis - help Personality Disorders Forum 2
L Obsessions HELP Personality Disorders Forum 3
1 Help with CMHT and self discharge Personality Disorders Forum 5
F ive Been blogging to help deal with my diagnosis Personality Disorders Forum 1