• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Date Ideas for Agoraphobes

K

kgg97

Does anyone have any good date ideas for agoraphobes? Ideally something that would involve leaving the house because I'm tired of being cramped in his tiny room all day. I'm racking my brain and can't think of a single thing we would be able to do outside the house. Daylight makes him anxious as well as driving. All we do now is sit in his room and work on our own things, then get dinner and watch TV.

L

LastChance

Does he have a garden? You could maybe put a tent in the garden and take some snacks, make a little fire or something too, maybe a barbeque? And sleep there, or if he's okay going on walks, maybe you could go on a walk in the evening, you could find a nice area where no one else goes, like a bench in a park or take a picnic blanket to put down. Hope you can find something, if I think of anything more I'll write it here ~

OCDguy

OCDguy

Does anyone have any good date ideas for agoraphobes? Ideally something that would involve leaving the house because I'm tired of being cramped in his tiny room all day. I'm racking my brain and can't think of a single thing we would be able to do outside the house. Daylight makes him anxious as well as driving. All we do now is sit in his room and work on our own things, then get dinner and watch TV.
It can become a routine/habit doing the same thing all the time. It might work for some, but can be the opposite for others. Are there topics of shared interest that spark enthusiasm in him? Interacting and active contribution can be so rewarding, and can lead to new shared interests etc. Hope this helps :)