• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dark place

S

sophiedovey

Sometimes I feel like life gets too much for me. My body shuts down and I feel so many bad things. That's when I self harm. When I get so emotionally hurt that the only way for me to stop hurting inside, is to hurt myself on the outside. I don't want to do it, bit I still do it. I hate myself for it. All I want to do is stop, but it is also the only thing to bring me somewhat back from a dark place. I'm scared I'm going to lose myself. I'm scared I'm not able to return from the dark place.

O

Orangeade

Sometimes I feel like life gets too much for me. My body shuts down and I feel so many bad things. That's when I self harm. When I get so emotionally hurt that the only way for me to stop hurting inside, is to hurt myself on the outside. I don't want to do it, bit I still do it. I hate myself for it. All I want to do is stop, but it is also the only thing to bring me somewhat back from a dark place. I'm scared I'm going to lose myself. I'm scared I'm not able to return from the dark place.
Welcome to the forum Sophie! Im sorry you feel this way! Thank you for sharing how you feel with us! Im hoping we can help you! If you ever need to talk my messages are always open to you x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Sophie,

Welcome to the forum

I’m sorry you are struggling, please have a look at this thread.