Dancing in the Flames.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Watch full Film here -

Dancing in the Flames | Watch Documentaries Online | Promote Documentary Film

Dancing in the Flames. The entire film is now available for free online viewing

Synopsis: Dancing in the Flames is a brilliant and intimate documentary into the life of Jungian Analyst, Marion Woodman, who is known for her ground breaking work as a teacher and author on feminine psychology and addiction. We are taken into a metaphoric representation of the unconscious imagery that Marion discusses so passionately and, in doing so, are invited to examine our own lives. Brilliant mystic and author Andrew Harvey interviews Marion as she explains the mysteries of her soul’s journey and reveals a series of psychological ‘deaths’ and ‘rebirths’ that have formed the consciousness into which she has evolved. The film presents a philosophy of dynamic opposites, the bridging of seeming contradictions. Life and death, love and grief, courage and submission are not at loggerheads for her—they’re part of a harmonious whole. By embracing these opposites we come into the totality of human experience.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Its no good CPU, I wanted to just take a bit of your quote and put it here, but couldn't find the first quote [] thing.

SO, "Life and death, love and grief, courage and submission" I don't see as opposites personally. I worked out that my grief is all about love, and not sadness.

I will try to read it, as not only does she sound amazing, your synopsis is written with real passion too. I'll get back to you when I've read it.

[Why, why, why, can't I do f****** quotes!!! I can do ordinary ones, but this utterly confused me. Where was the first quote box? There was [QUOTE at the start, but not end] bit and I got lost again!]. I know you tried to teach me, but I'm a lost cause. I didn't want to quote your blue link, I wanted a bit of your text and there was no start [QUOTE for that.

Last edited:
calypso

calypso

Admin
Others: DON'T answer my box thingy, it will derail the thread and I would hate to do that. I can do this with PMs with CPU.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I have watched it now, CPU, and what she is describing is what we aim for and do in Witchcraft. It is that amazing experience fo the synthesis of the female and male, in their truest forms, within each person and through ritual. I am moved by her discovery and would hope that those who wouldn't go the route I went, would fid it through her ways of describing.

Thank you xxx

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have watched it now, CPU, and what she is describing is what we aim for and do in Witchcraft. It is that amazing experience fo the synthesis of the female and male, in their truest forms, within each person and through ritual. I am moved by her discovery and would hope that those who wouldn't go the route I went, would fid it through her ways of describing.

Thank you xxx
Glad you got something from watching it. Despite all the criticism, Jung's model encapsulates so much, there's no one else to my mind who covered as much. There are many models/practices/frameworks; when studied that i think all in essence are saying the same things; especially from the more mystical/esoteric traditions. i'm not sure that the form/practice really matters?

calypso

calypso

Admin
The essence of Wicca is to keep it open to personal interpretation, just to train people enough that they know how to go about that. So there is ritual, but once the person has learnt that, they can use things learnt to discover for themselves. Like learning your scales on a piano, once you got the technique, then you can play what ever type of music you like. Jung was right in so many ways, as you say.

Kerome

Kerome

I finally got around to watching this, and it's certainly an interesting piece, and you can learn something from it. But the story, both in terms of how the documentary flows and in how she speaks, strikes me as over-using metaphors of such strength that they dominate the subtler shades of the discussion. It is a danger when dealing with dreams and archetypes in particular, that something catches the eye and starts to dominate the vision with such power that you lose an eye for everything else, and I feel that both in art and in discussion when that happens you get a composition which loses too much overall content to the portrayal of that single idea. I'm not sure if I'm being entirely clear, but I hope you get the point.

She's an interesting person. I didn't find it a particularly restful documentary to watch, probably because of the strength of the metaphors and imagery being used. That Andrew Harvey chap she was speaking to seemed insightful! I may look him up.

calypso

calypso

Admin
That was a brilliant reply Kerome. Thanks for that. Not sure I agree totally, but that doesn't really matter given your thoughtful reply.