• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Damp

E

english rose

I was wondering if anyone else on here has a problem with damp. I'm not on about mouldy walls - although yes my bathroom walls could do with rendering; I dry cutlery, plates, bowls, saucepans etc with a tea towel for a long time before using them, I spend several minutes on each item going over & over it to make sure it's completely dry. Then when I have a bath I spend ages drying myself with a towel - especially 'nooks & crannies', I reckon I spend about 15 minutes drying myself after a bath.:unsure:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I've not come across this before. It must become quite tiresome. Have you always felt this way, or was it perhaps triggered by something?

E

english rose

I've not come across this before. It must become quite tiresome. Have you always felt this way, or was it perhaps triggered by something?
I've been like it since as long as I can remember, I recall when we went swimming at school - I was always the last kid to have changed back afterwards..... (I'm 42 now btw).

T

tornadoesofthoughts

I have obsessions about unknown fluid.....could it be that you don't know what's on them from the damp? How are you today?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Can you remember if your parents were anxious or stressed about being damp and not drying properly? I only ask as I was wondering where your feelings stemmed from.

I hope you are well.

E

english rose

My parents are 'normal'. My dad did leave my mum & I when I was 6 months old, he went off with another woman who he is still with 42 years later, they had two children. I think a lot of my problems stem from that. My dad who I don't see that often insinuates that unemployed people such as myself should get off our arses & get jobs, which I think is a bit of a cheek seeing as he helped to make me unemployable.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that your dad left when you were so young. Sorry too to hear that he's one of the 'pull yourself together and get a bloody job' brigade.

Have you ever had any therapy or help with your problems? If not, have you considered it?