• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Damage done

C

cherbear

Hi all ! I have have had bouts of depression since my teens and I have been suicidal more times than I care to remember . I have done various things to myself over the years to escape the pain I felt and years back put myself in hospital . The net result of years of damage to myself has led to me now having memory problems and put alot of strain on my body . I guess what I am trying to say is as bleak as you may feel at times learn to love yourself . I know this is easier said than done depression and anxiety can turn your world upside down and leave you with the feeling of utter apathy and feeling you are alone . If you are feeling low please talk , get help , talk to your GP and please be safe . Love and hugs to all .:hug:

katya

katya

This is a lovely post - thank you. I hope you are learning to love yourself too.

C

cherbear

Thanks Jruth ! That's a wonderful thing for you to say ! Hope you are ok ? I would be so sad to see anyone else end up wih health problems like me . So I would rather speak out and share my experience . Love and hugs to you xxxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

What a nice selfless post...... You should be proud of what a nice person you are x

C

cherbear

Thank you sparklypurplepaws that was a kind hearted thing to say x Awesome user name by the way . Hope you are ok ? Love and hugs xxxx

C

cherbear

Even if this post makes only one person think twice about harming thereself it will have been worthwile putting this thread up . Thank you for the replies they were lovely !

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S It's too late, the damage is done Depression Forum 9
K Getting so down causing actual physical pain/damage Depression Forum 5
Tambam2021 My husband damage me so bad How do I get me back? Depression Forum 6
bluestar ocean If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage? Depression Forum 5
J phych meds and typical treatments weather they cause damage or not?? Depression Forum 0
G Is the damage irreversible? Help me Depression Forum 2
L Will the NHS fund plastic surgery to repair the damage from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? Depression Forum 13
M Psychological damage Depression Forum 8
M Do antidepressants cause permanent brain damage? Depression Forum 8
K How to get things done? Depression Forum 7
MeAndMyDepression Are you afraid of dying without having done anything meaningful in your life? Depression Forum 54
K Honestly im just done. Depression Forum 15
S I want to be done Depression Forum 16
JogoLagomorpha Ive never done anything right Depression Forum 7
A Done Depression Forum 2
O I'm done Depression Forum 12
T Im done Depression Forum 27
E I feel so lost and done Depression Forum 7
O Done Depression Forum 5
O I'm done Depression Forum 9
S Maybe I'm just done Depression Forum 4
T I'm new to this, I've never done anything like this before. Depression Forum 11
S I done with being an open book & I give up! Depression Forum 3
UniqueKitten Done with everything Depression Forum 16
S Kinda done with this world tbh Depression Forum 2
G Done, hopeless, I give up Depression Forum 2
S I'm done being an open book Depression Forum 7
D Done Depression Forum 3
D I’m done for Depression Forum 10
Dark Angel 24 Im sooo done Depression Forum 1
R I’m planning on getting ketamine therapy for my diagnosed major depression but have some questions for people who’ve done this before Depression Forum 2
C Im done with this fourm and i'm gonna kill myself bc no will respond to me Depression Forum 20
A I'm done with life Depression Forum 14
T I’m done. Depression Forum 3
O I feel like only darkness exists and nothing can be done about it Depression Forum 7
H New Job: Panic Attack / Depression! What can be done? Can't do anything else. Depression Forum 6
L Done Depression Forum 8
D How do i get things done when i feel this way Depression Forum 2
U What have I done? Depression Forum 6
R I'm done crying yet I keep crying. Depression Forum 1
M Never done anything like this before!! Depression Forum 6
I should i get hair done? Depression Forum 4
M I'm done... Depression Forum 3
freshstart2016 Oh No! What Have I Done! Depression Forum 2
L Tired and done Depression Forum 1
J I'm about done with this Depression Forum 1
C Done with everything Depression Forum 2
I ive done it!!!! Depression Forum 4