• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cyclothymia?

R

RanFan2

Hope this goes in this forum. A few weeks ago I find information on cyclothymic disorder and began to think I might have it. About a week ago, I started writing down changes in my moods. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the worst mood possible and 10 being the best, I have ranged from a 2 to a 7 within the last seven days. I'm wondering.. would 7 really count as a "high" mood? I'm struggling with myself wondering whether or not I should even mention to this to my psychiatrist on Friday. I know something is wrong with me and that I have a mood disorder of some kind, but that's about it. I always score within the "Bipolar spectrum disorder" section of online tests.. not very helpful. A mood of 7 is usually my best, maybe an 8. Do you think this could be cyclothymia? I know I should ask a medical professional for advice, just wondering what you guys think. The symptoms of hypomania don't really sound like me. :confused:

dib4uk

dib4uk

The only way that you're gonna know for sure is to make an appointment with the doctor or get a referal from them to your local cmht, and take it from there.

I have cylcothymia and it sounds very similar, one day up one day down or it can be half a day down, and then up.

I'd stay well away from online testing, whilst its fun to do, cant always provide the peace of mind that you're seeking from a registered professional can give you.

Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Bipolar Forum 6
D Bipolar Forum 3