• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cycling Through Moods

valleygirl

valleygirl

Feel like I am on a Ferris wheel that is going too fast. I hate this cycling through fear, anxiety, depression, despair, suicidal ideation, elation, agitation, anxiety, depression....Does this ever end?

valleygirl

valleygirl

Sometimes I feel so alive, so together, but then "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold." The feeling of being alive becomes feeling like I am on fire, and not in a good way. I feel fear and anxiety burning me up inside.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sometimes I feel so alive, so together, but then "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold." The feeling of being alive becomes feeling like I am on fire, and not in a good way. I feel fear and anxiety burning me up inside.
For me, it can be helpful to think of opposite colours to those which produce the fire, fear and anxiety.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
They will edit your post because you can't be that explicit hunny.

Why are you self harming?? Your emotions spinning out of control a bit?? Don't SH again, talk to me instead?? please?? xx

valleygirl

valleygirl

I don't really know why. I mean specifically tonight, what triggered it. I've been under a lot of stress. Afraid I won't succeed. Afraid that when I am done college that I won't find a good job. Afraid I will always be a failure. I just felt like I needed to see the self harm. It calmed me for a bit, but I feel like I need to do more.

Last edited by a moderator:
confusedwanderwaffle

confusedwanderwaffle

What calms you? if you dont know

For future reference figure out what calms you (don't know if your same as me but I like to go outside to calm myself) and remember to do them things when this situation arises

or I found out that distractions are very effective (i.e games, music, talking to us on the internet forum:) when I am bouncing from one mood to another...but strangely music can exacerbate the situation..or that's just me.

remember to distract yourself or have a note or piece of paper in your room with some kind of reminder on it or phonenumber that can help you out

katya

katya

I don't really know why. I mean specifically tonight, what triggered it. I've been under a lot of stress. Afraid I won't succeed. Afraid that when I am done college that I won't find a good job. Afraid I will always be a failure. I just felt like I needed to see the self harm. It calmed me for a bit, but I feel like I need to do more.
That is a lot to think about all at once. Please try to practice a bit of mindfulness in your daily life and try not to think about the 'bigger picture' too much; you'll stress yourself out. Just set clear, short-term goals for long-term things you want to achieve, and try not to let it all pile on top of you at once. I know it's hard. So sorry you're feeling this down.

Last edited by a moderator:
valleygirl

valleygirl

I did it 16 times, but none of them are serious. I've never done this so close to summer. I have an appointment with my counsellor later today, but I am afraid to tell her what I did.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Why are you scared to tell her?

valleygirl

valleygirl

I am scared she will tell me that I need to go to the hospital, and I can't do that. I have an exam on Saturday.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
They are not going to say go to the hospital for minor self harm alone.

valleygirl

valleygirl

About a month ago I had to go to the hospital emergency room because of anxiety. My counsellor told me I had to go because I was shaking and couldn't answer her questions because my thoughts were running so fast inside my head.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Where are you from?
I think it will be fine. Maybe if she thinks you are high likelihood of suicide then she could suggest you go in.