cuts effecting ability to relax

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i go to the leisure centre where i use the gym or swimming to help me relax, theres a rumour the council has closed 1 of the 3 leisure centres, whatever this leisure centre is getting crowded which with my social anxiety is a problem

I also work out at home with a bullworker but also the leisure centre is been with people

Even if i wanted to go to a day centre or other mental health group they've closed, and my case was closed remember my neighbour suggesting luncheon clubs, i was on the bus and some women said all the luncheon clubs she goes to have closed and what's left you have to be referred

If i was to go to the pub you can't sit there without paying for a drink same with cafes

I also miss the library where i could go and read the periodicals they've all gone

I did say to one counciller if you want to save money your welcome to close mental health services and social services they always have been a useless waste of space but keep the library and leisure centres

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know what you mean.
There were a few services around that could help you feel a bit better and busy your day, but those things are disappearing at an alarming rate.
I wonder if it's saving money in the long term though, if it leaves people at risk of becoming really unwell.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I know what you mean.
There were a few services around that could help you feel a bit better and busy your day, but those things are disappearing at an alarming rate.
I wonder if it's saving money in the long term though, if it leaves people at risk of becoming really unwell.
i wonder if a lot of things are saving money if they risk me in hospital at 3k a week, but there again if they save money from a large no of people and some would say it's a different budget, that nhs ringfenced budget

porkpie

porkpie

At my local library all the homeless people in town take up the majority of the seating.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i know i'd find the homeless people annoying when i came in to read the periodicals and they'd be talking and there would be no where to sit in winter this security man would walk araound giving anyone who was there to keeep warm a hard time, maybe i was there to keep warm to some extent