• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cuting one self

J

jekel1

why when in a ind on off on :eek:manic depressed state do you feel like hurting your self , its like a complustion it goes on and on at me to cut my self under neath my breasts? i havent but its like the need to breathe i have my first phscy appointment in 1 hour, i had a bad psychotic do and got taken in but im home now under crisis team and on valium, i haven't taken them today cause all it does is make me tired and calm but doesnt last so whats the point? should i tell the man today, if i do will he take me in? i dont want to go back there. i feel so manic right now but down how can i get theses cut thoughts out of my mind,?

C

CarlC

why when in a ind on off on :eek:manic depressed state do you feel like hurting your self , its like a complustion it goes on and on at me to cut my self under neath my breasts? i havent but its like the need to breathe i have my first phscy appointment in 1 hour, i had a bad psychotic do and got taken in but im home now under crisis team and on valium, i haven't taken them today cause all it does is make me tired and calm but doesnt last so whats the point? should i tell the man today, if i do will he take me in? i dont want to go back there. i feel so manic right now but down how can i get theses cut thoughts out of my mind,?
The first thing that spang to my mind is, go for a walk in the woods,it`ll do wonders for you mind and body, take the time to take in what you see around you, when you see a tree,picture it being like seed and then growing to the size it is, also try and listen for birds.
But if you can`t do that try and get somewhere in the quite away from the 21st hussle and bussle where there`s animal(though you don`t need to) and just sit in the quite and breather deeply,feeling the oxygen fill your lungs.

I personally find the fumes of vehicles and fag smoke is what makes me feel depressed and fed up.

If you can`t do the above go on youtube and find some meditation/buddhist music, and just meditate.

Good luck.

P.S you could always try weightlifting or hitting a pillow, or what i did the other day was get a book and i hit myself on the head as hard as possible.lol my god did it work wonders:D it`s not as harmful as cutting yourself and you get that anger out.

S

*Sapphire*

or what i did the other day was get a book and i hit myself on the head as hard as possible.lol my god did it work wonders:D it`s not as harmful as cutting yourself and you get that anger out.
Hi CarlC although I found most of your suggestions helpful, I just wanted to highlight that the above suggestion is still self harm! :LOL: I gave myself a black eye once doing that, and although it didn't leave me with a scar it still left me with a huge bruise and blurred vision! :D Plus it left emotional scars with the people that loved me. Hitting your head can also lead to concussion or at worst brain damage or a fatality.

If you have that need to cause pain, as a last resort something that can help is squeezing ice cubes, it really helps/hurts but leaves no marks, scars or bruises.

Another thing that can help is biting on a chilli (if you are not allergic to them). The shock of your tongue burning can act as a grounding technique, it can bring you back to reality and make you aware of where you are, as well as an unavoidable distraction. However long term it is more helpful to try and work out why you feel the need to harm yourself, and try to deal with that.