Cto legal issues

J

Jpage

Hi everyone, what legally do I do because I am being told by staff and solicitor that I can be recalled if I stop taking meds but still well. I know it says in the code of practice that you can't be recalled just fir stopping taking meds? I think there doing something illegal. Can you tell me what I can do? Thank you so much!

E

exyz

Hi jpage
I posted an answer on your other thread but did not realise you have spoken to a solicitor.

They have to show that you are a danger to yourself or others if off meds. You can appeal a CTO to a Mental Health Tribunal and are entitled to representation. The difficulty being is that you will have to try and show that you are not a danger if off meds and if you could produce medical evidence to support this it would be a help but very difficult to do.

Community treatment orders (CTOs) | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

J

Jpage

Hi exyz, thank you for that advice. I've looked at what you sent in message but still getting conflicting messages from people I know and here in hospital. Thank you again. I've tried tribunals but never succeed. Thank you again for that info and your advice. All the best to you. xx