• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

CSBD, hypersexuality, sex addiction?

conejo lunar

conejo lunar

Hey there.

I'm looking for people who have been diagnosed with or who think they might have "compulsive sexual behavior", hypersexuality or sex addiction (whatever you call it).

I have been thinking that I could have this disorder and I think it would be useful to listen to the testimonies of others who also suspect it or who have already been diagnosed. of course while I talk about it with my therapist to avoid the self-diagnosis.

If you read this, thank you.

S

saha

Hey there.

I'm looking for people who have been diagnosed with or who think they might have "compulsive sexual behavior", hypersexuality or sex addiction (whatever you call it).

I have been thinking that I could have this disorder and I think it would be useful to listen to the testimonies of others who also suspect it or who have already been diagnosed. of course while I talk about it with my therapist to avoid the self-diagnosis.

Hello, I was an drug and alcohol addict . I know my addiction is not similar to yours but it's an addiction right . It's been 4 yrs I am free from my addiction . It's the urge or need that drove me crazy when I wasn't drinking or using . It was very difficult for me to rewind my mind . It's sooooo painful to resist the need . I am clean now but still I get anxiety attacks sometimes . I am still in recovery .

P

pookiepie

Hi, I am just learning what I have might be a love addiction. I started enjoying sexting and meeting men online. I am married and my husband and me started experimenting on line, loved that I was a MILF and younger guys found me attractive. I found it harmless and even made a bit of money sexting. My husband liked that it aroused me and awoken my libido but also felt jealous. He decided he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't ready to be done so I secretly continued. He of course found out and it has/is causing problems. I am seeking help and told him I want to work on our marriage. If you would like to chat, just let me know!

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hypersexuality should also be followed by its opposite. because the brain is always trying to balance itself out. so if a person experiences too much of one state they may also later experience the opposite, too little of that state. so a period where their sex drive seems to totally disappear for awhile.

N

Newuser6655

Hi, I am just learning what I have might be a love addiction. I started enjoying sexting and meeting men online. I am married and my husband and me started experimenting on line, loved that I was a MILF and younger guys found me attractive. I found it harmless and even made a bit of money sexting. My husband liked that it aroused me and awoken my libido but also felt jealous. He decided he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't ready to be done so I secretly continued. He of course found out and it has/is causing problems. I am seeking help and told him I want to work on our marriage. If you would like to chat, just let me know!
What help do they recommend to stop sexting, whenever I'm low I always turn to it to try and pick me up. I'm into girls and one's who want to sext are really hard to find, so I've wasted days messaging hundreds of people before only to find one that's kinda into it! I need to stop, it hurts any relationships I've had and it leaves me super anxious the next day. Like someone will recognise me or something like that, it leaves me so empty inside

A

AppleJacks999

Hey there.

Never diagnosed, but yes I feel hypersexualized by the culture...I was exposed to sexual images in the media and movies from a very young age.

A

AppleJacks999

Love addiction might be the correct term lol. I wasn't given much thought or attention by guys when I was younger, so later on any guy who showed me a hint of attention I fell for very deeply. I became very attracted to older men because of their "gentlemanly" qualities, and they seemed to think I was pretty. Other guys my age did not.

I'm over that now.