• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crystals

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I have read in the journels bit .......... how some folk use crystals.
Was just wondering if other's had to ?
I like crystal's but havn't actually looked deep enough into their meanings etc.

My friend once bought me a hermitite ( sp ) ring ,saying it balance's thing's out etc . When it had done it's job it would dissapear from your finger and you'd never find it ........... well this did happen to me but i just moved house and was unpacking boxes etc sure wasn't 100% convinced. I kept saying i musta lost it while unpacking.

Any body else had similar experiance's ?

D

Dollit

I use crystals and have just started doing so but only under the guidance of Paradox who knows what they're really about. And having gone from hypnophobic to no fear what so ever I remain open minded about the subject.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I use crystals and have just started doing so but only under the guidance of Paradox who knows what they're really about. And having gone from hypnophobic to no fear what so ever I remain open minded about the subject.

Pleased you have no fear now Dollit :hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Perhaps Paradox would like to share some of his knowledge with us.

A simple guide as to which crystal is benefical to what etc :)

D

Dollit

I'll ask him though I can't guarantee a yes, but he is a lovely person.

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Ask away. One thing to keep in mind though.Each culture tends to have different definitions of what they do, while most tend to be similar. Alot of them are easy to work with and fit together rather well.

Kindof abroad subject so lets start with questions if it is okay with you guys.

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Has some rather useful properties. One of themost usefulforestablishing connections to the earth. Great for healing and enforcing your inner strengths. You should wear some or carry a piece if you are under a project. Self confidence and clarity to find the path.

If you follow the more mapped out functional views, amber recycles scrap fragments of energy nearby and releases it backinto the world.

D

Dollit

How well you know me - I wear Amber probably 3 times a week minimum. I also wear Jade daily - do these work well together? xx

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
JAde and amber work very well together. JAde is healing and seeking. A good complimentary pair.

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Most cultures have different views on what makes them work. My heritage (the half that uses crystals that is) believes that they have their capability from one of a few theories. One is that they somehow have different connections to the spiritual world and their effects are biproducts of different connections. Another is that with their solid construction, having spent so much time in the earth, they acquire inherant aspects of the earths natural being. Their qualities come from what they absorb the most due to their type. Or if you follow the more strict portions, they carry portions of the earths spirit, ethereal or even natural spirits within them. Like a crab in a shell basically.

The seconds views are alittle different. It is believed that since each type of crystal and stone have a different construction and arrangment so that when energy (or what you wish to call it) goes through it, the different types trap in different arrangements of that energy. After so much has built in there,it attracts similar arrangements of that force. Like shining a light through a prism and the color blue getting stuck then drawing more blue into it. Theoretically, if you become or are sensitive enough to fluxuations in natural energy, you can draw from or even change the qualities of them. Drawing from them is easy for most people while i have never met someone who can change them.

Thus why they work more efficiently when you have them on you or in specific locations.

But please keep in mind that these are just theories from two different groups and you are the only one who can truly know what is right for you.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Thank's for your input Paradox, i certainly do appreciate it :)

Is there a crystal known for keeping physical pain to a minimum ?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
This is slightly off subject but for my 21st (a long time ago) i got a black onyx ring. Somehow i manage to chip the stone and was really upset as it was a personal gift from my dad. I went to take it to a jewellers to see if they could repair it and somehow the stone had repaired itself. Even scratches seem to dissappear

The other odd property it has is to cure styes. Dont ask me how this came about, but if you rubbed the gold band on the stye it healed it. My daughter now has the ring and has used it on her hubby and friends and it works every time. The only reason i can think of is maybe the nickel in the gold has some effect?

Any thoughts:confused:

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Its actually the same subject. Metals and stones have their own qualities aswell. Call it magnetic, bioelectric interactions or forces of the beyond, but it tends to do something.

Im glad he did not buy you a hemitite ring as they tend to break when they are finished with a large task.