Crying

H

happyhello

Does anyone else ever feel like crying would offer at a huge mental and emotional release, but they have to been strong, so they cannot harness or muster up the energy to do so?

Iguessimnotasstrong

Iguessimnotasstrong

Absolutely. Crying is a great relief. I like to imagine that the streams of tears are taking away whatever the reason for the crying is and that they are making my vision more clear and focused. This might sound stupid, but it really makes sense in my mind. Try and find some time only for yourself. I know it’s not easy. Close the door behind you and just let it all out. If the tears aren’t coming, I tend to help them with some music. Not sure if it’s a good thing or a self-destructive thing, but it works for me. Take good care of yourself :)

L

lostsoul39

Absolutely. Crying is a great relief. I like to imagine that the streams of tears are taking away whatever the reason for the crying is and that they are making my vision more clear and focused. This might sound stupid, but it really makes sense in my mind. Try and find some time only for yourself. I know it’s not easy. Close the door behind you and just let it all out. If the tears aren’t coming, I tend to help them with some music. Not sure if it’s a good thing or a self-destructive thing, but it works for me. Take good care of yourself :)
I love your way of looking at crying.. 💜

Y

yellow21kitchen

I relate to some of this. Crying offers me a huge release, I tend to get really pent up anger, frustration, helplessness, and sadness and feel the need to let it all out, in doing so I get back down to base levels and formulate some sort of rational thinking for my feelings and sometimes even a plan to help. I might not actually go through with the plan but it helps me feel a little more grounded.

R

R2Y5A0N2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've cried three times over the last 24 hours. Not sure if it has helped at all, but it must've been needed.

P

Peter H

I don't know if this will help but I watched a videoon YouTube yesterday and the lady on there said something like, "The human body has tears for a reason - crying can be a good thing". I know it can be hard to cry, before I have almost forced myself to cry and it feels kind of stupid and, "staged" in some way. Indeed I am the type of person whom rarely cries. I would say that for me, when I was able to let go and cry afterwards I did feel somewhat better. I hope you feel better soon.

Peter

M

MGC182

I really wish i could cry! the sadness inside me is so overwhelming that i cant even shed a tear anymore! crying used to help me relax a lot of the times.
you should cry its really helpful.

Matthew 666

Matthew 666

Thank you for your hugs and hugs back I wish I had some one here with me it's hard and I don't want to think I'm being selfish (please don't) I sorry

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foxjo Depression Forum 6
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 5
October Depression Forum 2
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 11